Topic: Hayden Lucas
View Single Post
August 25th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Posts: n/a
(C&P from my MySpace blogs)

On Saturday morning I woke with some severe stomach pain ... It almost felt like my entire stomach was bruised from the inside out ... I tried to deal with it the best I could, but by the end of the day, every little bump in the road was agony, and I was in tears. I passed it off as another part of the pre-term labor.

On Sunday, Mother's Day, we went shopping in the morning, and I began to have a lot of trouble walking, from the pressure and pain of Hayden's head in my cervical area. We went out to lunch with my parents, and when we got home, I sat around on the couch, due to the pressure. By the evening, I was taking multiple baths to try and get the contractions to ease up and the pain to lessen.

Around 6:15, I was in the bath once again, when Hayden suddenly started flailing about in my belly, so I stood up, and felt a gush. I monitored it for several hours, because I would only get the gushing when he would move his head ... So I was unsure if my water had broken or not. At 9:00, we headed to L&D.

Once again, I was monitored for contractions and fetal activity, and they did yet another FFN and ferning, which came back negative. The on-call doctor wanted them to put an IV in me to hydrate me, and my contractions were coming every 2 minutes, fairly strong. The nurse blew my vein in my right arm, so I asked if they could allow me to drink the liquids ... She agreed, said she would come back in an hour to check me again, and then probably send me home. The contractions - which I have grown used to, dealing with them for two months straight - kept on coming, growing more strong ... And when she came back to check me, she found that in just a matter of one hour, I had dilated from a 3 cm to a 5 cm! They moved me from triage to a delivery room, and I was admitted!

From midnight, when they had found me to be at a 5, to 3:00 a.m. ... I dilated all the way to an 8 cm. Nathan and I walked the halls to get Hayden to stop floating and move back into engagement ...

Once I hit 9 cm and fully thinned out, I got stuck there for a couple hours. The nurses switched shifts, and we had to wait for my doctor to get there around 8:00 before he could break my water, and at that point, Hayden slipped all the way down ... Unlike the first birth, I only pushed for ten minutes - despite my contractions completely quitting, and me pushing with NO HELP and nothing but oxygen to get me through the pushing... Out came our beautiful boy ...

Hayden Lucas Robinson was born May 14th, 2007 at 8:36 a.m. ... 6 lbs 2 oz, 19 inches.
He was born at 35.4 weeks ... Our little preemie.

The doctor found, once I delivered the placenta, that the reason for the pain I had felt in my stomach was due to placental abruption.

Hayden was born with very few complications ... He cried when he came out, he pinked up real nice, and he was a good weight for his gestation. However, he is having trouble with his breathing, and was moved from the transition nursery to the NICU where he is on IV's and CPAP now. The doctor is monitoring him to see if he will need to intubate him ... It's all play by ear at this point, and we don't know when he will be coming home.
Reply With Quote