View Single Post
December 3rd, 2009, 11:14 AM
Jenn1320's Avatar
Jenn1320 Jenn1320 is offline
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,297
Owen and I are both doing well. He loves to nurse, be held or rocked and sleep. He is a great baby and we are so blessed!

I ended up having a c-section after a scary labor. Monday morning my doctor stripped my membranes and gave me prostaglandin gel. This was to help dialate and ripen my cervix for an induction scheduled Wednesday morning. I had a few contractions but nothing that was doing any progress so went home.

That night a friend of mine stopped by around 7pm. I noticed while she was visiting that I was having contractions, but they weren't too bad. After she left we got the boys in the bath and I started going into labor. At first I didn't believe it b/c I'd had so many contractions over the last few weeks, but these got stronger and close together very quickly.

We called Greg's mom around 10:15 that night to come and stay w/the boys. When we got to the hospital I was dialated to a 5, with a bulging bag of waters. Contractions were coming every 3 minutes. I was in so much pain and could not get a handle on it. The labor team was great- they worked very fast to get me admitted and as comfortable as possible. I was an 8 when the anesthesiologist got there- I just did not think I could make it w/o an epidural, even being that close. My water broke spontaneously before the epidural, which was an exciting moment for the doctor and nurses. I finally did get the epidural and was able to relax.

Shortly after that the doctor checked me and realized Owen was facing "sunny-side up" and that was why I was having such horrible back labor. She attempted quite a few times to turn him, but he would not turn. When I was fully dialated I tried to push him out but he was still pretty high up and his heart rate would accelerate close to 200 bpm with each push. Come to find out his neck was straining backwards with each push and his head could not descend into the birth canal. She decided at that point a c-section was the only way to go.

I was then prepped for that, freaked out of course. Greg changed into scrubs and we were wheeled into the OR. They worked really quickly after that and Owen was born, completely healthy and screaming like mad.

I'm doing pretty good now after a rough recovery. I had lots of nausea and vomiting the next 12-18 hours or so, which was so awful. Once that ended I started to feel more like myself.

Owen is doing great. He's passed all his tests and has no jaundice or anything like that. He is such a big boy! This is interesting to me but the doctor said she's found it is difficult for a lot of moms to deliver babies bigger than what the mother weighed at birth. Perhaps that is true (?). I was 6lbs. 7oz. so Owen is almost a pound larger than I was.

At any rate, that is what happened to the best of my memory! One more thing - Greg was pulled over on the way to Baylor. So we got to use the excuse of "my wife is in labor"- LOL!!

Owen Graham Garcia
born Dec. 1, 2009
2:10 a.m.
7 lbs. 5 oz.
20 3/4 inches

Love you guys,

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

Last edited by Jenn1320; December 3rd, 2009 at 12:22 PM. Reason: added birth stats
Reply With Quote