View Single Post
January 13th, 2010, 10:04 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar
LadyCoconut LadyCoconut is offline
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Georgia
Posts: 35,234
Originally Posted by stlgirl View Post
I have a follow-up NST and fluid level check Friday morning. If things are significantly improved, I'm probably going to call OB and try to talk her out of the induction. I had ALREADY been drinking water like a fish (my urine has been basically clear for weeks now and I have basically no swelling at all, both signs that dehydration is NOT the problem) but on the advice of my Doula, I'm upping water even more (seriously going to float away...) and I also am upping my dosage of blue and black cohosh and starting to use EPO internally as well as just swallowing the gel caps 3x daily. Got my THIRD labor induction treatment from my acupuncturist this afternoon, too, and continue to walk on the treadmill and stay on my feet as much as possible. I feel like there isn't a whole lot else I can do at this point other than keep my fingers crossed and hope that a) my levels are much better on Friday and/or b) I go into labor on my own sometime before Monday morning.

It doesn't help things that my OB is going out of town Wed-Friday of next week. I know that's why she is pushing for induction on Monday. So, I do certainly have the option of saying thanks but no thanks, and risking it with the other OB in this practice (who I haven't ever met but have heard doesn't have nearly as good a rep for natural births) if I end up needing an induction sometime later in the week. I am very torn about that and think I'll probably put off making a final decision until I know how my fluids are looking on Friday.

I totally feel for you, you're in a tough spot. You certainly seem to be doing everything you can to help your body get ready for your birthing time. I hope that your fluids go up on Friday AND that you go into your birthing time over the weekend before Monday's possible induction. It sucks your OB is going out of town, I can understand why you'd be concerned with going with someone else... if you're going to wind up with an induction either way - it may as well be with YOUR doctor. *sigh* Tough spot. It really sucks when we get down to crunch time and have to make these kind of decisions that our body should just make naturally. It's hard to know what the right thing is to do. Hang in there.

Reply With Quote