View Single Post
February 12th, 2010, 08:49 AM
tygrss's Avatar
tygrss tygrss is offline
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,090
Wednesday, 2/10/10 I made a trip to the bathroom and found that I had lost my mucus plug. I was excited since it was actually the “real” thing, as opposed to the little gross bits that had been coming for a week. It was 4am and I couldn’t go back to sleep, so I bounced on my birth ball to see if anything would happen. Nada. I went to work but sent a text to my midwife a little later. She called me and told me to go home, relax and have sex. LOL. She remembered how fast my labor was the previous time and wanted me home. I followed her directions and had a great day at home, but no signs of baby. She stopped by before heading home to check me and discovered that I was 4cm dilated and my cervix “felt lie butter.” This concerned her a bit because we were expecting a snow storm the next day. We were planning a home birth and without bad roads she lives 30+ minutes away. We decided that we’d see how the weather was in the morning. If it looked bad she’d head over to my house and camp out.
The next morning the snow storm was in full effect so my MW packed up her stuff and headed over. We decided to try some natural ways to give labor a kick start (nipple stimulation with a breast pump, walking, etc). I started to get some steady, light contractions (mostly with the nipple stimulation) , which seemed promising, but after dinner they had fizzled out and I was back to having my normal Braxton hicks. MW checked me and I had made it to 5 cm. We decided to just let it be. My MW figured that I was going to pop soon, plus she was staying the night so we all decided to head to bed.
Around midnight I woke up to use the restroom. I felt a contraction, breathed through it and got back in bed. Fifteen minutes later I felt another one, then another 15 minutes later. Around 1am I decided to walk out front and see if I could get them to pick up some. My Dh, who is typically a hard sleeper, was up with lightening speed and followed me. He took one look at me, started rearranging the living room and pulled the birth pool out. My MW woke up to see what the commotion was about. She watched me a bit then checked me. 6 cm, 100% effaced. She and DH filled the tub while I labored away on my birth ball. The contractions were coming every 3 minutes and I definitely wanted relief, but was finding them bearable since my water was still intact. Finally, the pool was ready and I climbed in. It was glorious. I labored away with DH helping me through contractions and MW sneaking in to listen to fetal heart tones. She’d also give suggestions on positioning. At some point I decided to go to the restroom. While I was out my midwife checked me. 10 cm, but baby was still high even though I had been in different positions. She felt my bag during a contraction and thought that I’d benefit by having it broken. I agreed and boy was she right. I managed to climb back in the tub before having a monster contraction, during which I felt the baby slide down the birth canal. 30 seconds later another contraction and an uncontrollable urge to push. Out popped half of head. One more contraction and he was here! We waited for the cord to stop pulsating, then had DH cut it. I got out to deliver the placenta and nurse. The little guy took to it like a champ. DS woke up about 45 minutes later and met his brother. Everyone’s doing well. My MW stayed until about 930 or 1000. Sideeq and I slept for about 3 hours and he slept for another 3 after that. He’s so laid back. I love him.
Sideeq Ismail V., 7lb, 14 oz, 20.5 inches long.

Sideeq Ismail V. made his appearance this morning at 343 am (2/12/10).
7lb 14 oz, 20.5 inches long

He was born at home in the water.

He is already a great nurser and is absolutely precious. He has a head full of straight black hair just like his brother did.

I'll update with pics and a birth story soon.

Last edited by tygrss; February 13th, 2010 at 02:10 PM.
Reply With Quote