Topic: Help!!!!!!!
View Single Post
March 28th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Bug-n-Ed's Avatar
Bug-n-Ed Bug-n-Ed is offline
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,521
You can also do private adoptions using an attorney instead of an agency. You can also have a profile listed on different websites that aren't associated with a specific agency, it just depends on how much money you are willing to put into it. A lot of the places that host a profile for adoptive couples charge about $100 a month. Look into different agencies and attorneys and find one that you feel fits the best.

You can also do foster to adopt. It doesn't guarantee that the children placed in your home will be able to be adopted since they try to reunite the children with their parents if at all possible, but you'd be helping them have a good home for the time they are in your home. Also, many are placed soon after birth if other children in the family are in state custody and in foster homes. You will usually have a child in your home fairly soon after your homestudy is completed as opposed to waiting for months to years. Doing adoption this route is usually much cheaper than using an attorney or an agency.

Good luck in your adoption journey. My husband and I are using an agency currently, but I've been thinking about doing foster to adopt.
Mommy to Brandon (12) and Edward (10)
Emma and Ellie (4)

picture does not represent current ages

Reply With Quote