JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2008 Birth Stories (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f547-2008-birth-stories/)
-   -   Mackenzie Grace (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f547-2008-birth-stories/1009308-mackenzie-grace.html)

dream2bemommy22 April 6th, 2008 06:54 AM

I am so pleased to FINALLY annouce, the birth of my April baby girl, Mackenzie Grace.

I had a planned c-section, which we were hoping to avoid, but my stubborn little girl had plans of her own. We went to the hospital at 8 am 4-2-08, i got right up to my first room, they of course made Dh wait in a waiting room for an our while they got me all set up, i just dont understand why they cant be in the room, but whatever. <_< So after they get me all hooked up to my monitors they say they have to insert my IV and my cathader. :blink: i thought the cathaders went in after i had my spinal, but nope, they go in first thing in the morning. I had 2 different nurses, both really nice, but one looked young, so i assumed she was new or a student, she just seemed kind of nervous. So they go to insert my iv, and the young girl who put it in, couldnt unsnap part of it, to finsih putting it in my arm, so the other nurse came to my rescue, and put it in my other hand, but still had to help the other girl get the needle out of my other arm. I had a huge "egg" on my arm from where she messed up. Ok, so now to the dreaded cathader, i had gotten myself so nervous about getting this put in, so the young girl again goes to clean my area and insert it, she start cleaning it, and it hurt, i assumed she was putting it in, nope, so now she is going to insert it, and surprisingly it didnt hurt at all. I was like Sweet!! Well no urine was coming out, but i had just gone twice before they put it in, so they werent worried that it was put in wrong or anything. Well there was a csection before me, so those 2 nurses went to the OR and i was assigned a new nurse. After about an hour of no urine coming out of the cathader, we came to the conclusion that it was in wrong. :blink: :blink: :blink: So this nurse puts it in right, and holy cow, did that sucker hurt. I could barely move for the next hour and was complaining to anyone that would listen that it really hurt. I was really whiney, but i was in pain, and the room was really really warm!!

Finally, it was my turn to go into the OR. They wheel me out into the cool hallway, it was so refreshing. I get wheeled into the OR, and i was surprisingly so calm, and so ready. They have me roll onto the OR table, which was hard to do with a painful cathader in. I sit up for my spinal, expecting the worst, and it was barely a pinch, and the best part of all, it took away my cathader pain!! It took about 5 minutes before i felt like i was made of rubber, and they let my DH in now. I was kind of loopy and just kept joking about how i felt like i was rubber, and that it felt like they were rubbing me with another peice of rubber. It was so relaxing in the or, and the nurses were all cracking jokes with me. DH was just laughing, but i knew he was nervous. They start the procedure and i was like, ok this isnt bad at all. I could feel some tugging, it felt like they were trying to pull the skin off my ribs, but it didnt hurt, just a little pressure. After a few minutes they finally pull her butt out, they reassured me i had a little girl at this point, i was so happy. So next came her legs, and then her little arms and hands. Now on to the biggie, the head. It took about a good 5-10 minutes to get her head out. They kept saying ok, were up to her chin, almost there. Now were up to her cheeks, now were at her eyebrows. Ok just a little more to go, she was stuck though. The nurses were pushing so hard on my ribs trying to get her out for about 5 minutes, i felt like someone was jumping on my ribs, i wanted to cry, but i didnt care, i just wanted her out. They finally pushed hard enough and her little head popped out. I kept waiting for her to cry, reassurance that my little one was there, but all they got out of her was a whimper, i was so freaked out. They brought her to the table to get cleaned and still no crying, at this point in almost in tears i just kept asking DH is she ok, and he kept saying yes, but he was staring at her. Finally, she starts crying and i just lost it. I was bawling, i was so happy to hear that little cry.
My Dh was handed the baby, and he just stared at her in complete awe. I have never seen him more proud. I only got to see her for a minute before they took her to the nursery. They finished sewing me up, and i was brought to my second room. They monitored me for 2 hours in this room, i kept asking when i was going to get out and see my baby. Soon, soon, soon was all i was told. In the meantime my mom, mil, and Dh kept visiting me and telling me all about the baby, they were watching her in the nursery. My DH showed me some pictures of her, and she just was so beautiful, and a little thumb sucker. I was so proud, and so in love, my with Dh and my baby girl. I had this perfect family and i didnt care about anything else. Finally after 2 hours they brought me to my recovery room, and i thought i would get to see her. Not the case. It took them 6 hours to bring her in to my room. I was going crazy in the 6 hours waiting to hold her for the first time. That moment finally came, and she was just so good, she didnt cry, she was wide awake, and just a happy little baby.
She weighed 8lbs, 1oz, and was 20 1/2 inches long, she has a little bit of brown hair. She was born at 12:04 pm 4-2-08.

Im still really sore from the csection, but the pain is more than worth it for the little bundle of joy that i now have to fill my life with happiness everyday.

Thanks for reading!! Hope i didnt leave anything out.

Julka April 6th, 2008 09:01 AM

Thanks for sharing your beautiful story! I can totally relate to the nurse messing up the IV - I didn't have a c-sec but needed it for the Epidural, and she messed up my left hand and needed to do the right; the left hand has a huge blue bruise. Grr. I also can't believe they made you wait so long to see her - what's the deal with that?? But I am so glad your baby girl is doing well and you are too. Congrats again! Oh, and our little girls share a birthday - it's a good day!

4boys April 6th, 2008 10:11 AM

Congrats on your baby girl! I also can't believe they made you wait 6 hours, that's nuts. But anyways, I'm glad everything went well.

Tonya_Ashlyn April 8th, 2008 08:17 AM

I love to read all the stories. I am glad that everything went well. I would be mad too if it took 6 hours to see my daughter!!! I love the picture of her in the eeyore suit! She is soo precious...congrats to you and your family!

KandA0418 April 8th, 2008 04:24 PM

WOW eventful!!!! i can't believe it took that long to get to see your lil girl! I would have been crying until they brought her! Take care of yourself

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright © 2003-2012 JustMommies.com, All Rights Reserved.