JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2008 Birth Stories (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f547-2008-birth-stories/)
-   -   David Cillian (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f547-2008-birth-stories/1179037-david-cillian.html)

frgsonmysox August 4th, 2008 07:30 PM

On July 30th Chris was sent home from work early with instructions to "get things going". Nothing at all was going on except random contractions hours apart. I wasn't hopeful at all, but I enjoyed Chris being home. He picked the kids up and me up and we went to Shadow Lake (a shopping center) for lunch and to walk around. I had a few intense contractions, but they were a good hour apart so I didn't think anything of it. After walking around a bit I suggested we call our friend Odie to watch the kids while we went riding in the CRX. The CRX only seats two, but it lets you feel every bump, and around here where there are lots of dirt and gravel roads I figured that was a good thing. So went riding for an hour or so and I had 2 or 3 good contractions, but they weren't lasting much longer than 30 seconds so again I wasn't hopeful.

By the time we got back home, Odie's husband had joined her. Chris and Pants (her husband) started playing on the playstation, so Odie and I went for a walk around the neighborhood with her dog and Anastasia. Again, I had a few contractions but nothing that made me feel like labor was looming. I had been having contractions for weeks, but they were sporadic and didn't last long. At this point we decided to just order pizza for dinner and so Odie and Pants stayed to eat with us and then to watch a movie afterwards. Around this time my contractions started coming about 20 minutes apart, but only ever 3rd contraction or so was intense and lasted a while. The others were very short, and mild. After we ate Chris and I (with permission) went upstairs to see if we could intensify the contractions. It didn't do much. The boys started playing playstation again while Odie and I just sat and talked. Odie decided it would be a good thing if she stayed the night "just in case", which made me feel wretched. I thought for sure nothing would come of the contractions and I felt terrible that she was staying the night. Pants had to go home since he had to work the next day. Chris and I walked around the neighborhood again (it was about 11 at this point), we got back around 11:30 and Chris went to bed while I nursed Anastasia to sleep. She went to bed pretty quickly but I was afraid to go to sleep and have the contractions completely disappear. So I watched some TV and timed the contractions. They were coming about 30 minutes apart and we lasting only about 15-30 seconds. I knew at that point that labor was not going to happen. I couldn't settle though and got up and started cleaning and pacing. Around 12:30 they started lasting about 30-45 seconds. By 1 am they were coming every 20 minutes again, so I woke Chris up because the contractions were getting to painful to walk or talk through. I told him that we may need to go in soon, if they ever got closer together. Chris freaked out, knowing how quick my labors were and made me leave for the hospital. So I called my mom and told her we were going in, Chris woke Odie and told her that we were leaving, and we got everything together and left. We took the CRX so that Odie could have the Trailblazer with the carseats in case of an emergency. The ride to the hospital was okay. I only had one contraction the whole time, and I was nervous that we'd be sent home once we got there since they were coming so far apart. As soon as we got into the ER (it was 1:37 according to my hospital bands) my contractions went from 20 minutes apart to never ending. They were coming right on top of each other, and they were very painful. There was a guy in front of us at the reception desk and I was moaning and rubbing my back because it was so painful. The lady bypassed the guy and asked Chris if I was in labor, he told her I was and that I was nearly 38 weeks and who my doctor was. Within seconds Triage had come with a wheelchair and started taking my vitals while Chris filled out the rest of my paperwork. A few moments later I was wheeled upstairs to L&D, Chris was having to talk for me because I couldn't talk. I started shaking uncontrollably as well and the nurse looked really nervous. It took a while for me to get out of my wheelchair because I couldn't move, and longer still to get into the gown. Chris was doing his best to speak for me with the questions. As soon as he told them I had very fast labors, especially once I hit 4 cm ( With Anthony once I hit 4 cm it was only an hour until he was born, with Anastasia it was 3 hours) the nurse immediately checked me. I was 4-5 cm and 100% effaced.

The nurse hurried to call the Doctor and told him that they were admitting me, I had fast deliveries and that he needed to be ready. I was still shaking really bad, and listening to my IPOD to help through the contractions. She asked if I wanted pain meds and I shook my head while Chris told her I would be delivering naturally. I was getting through the contractions just fine, the music and focusing were helping quite a bit. The shaking was still happening and all of a sudden I felt extremely nauseous. I've never had that before. I told her I thought I was going to be sick, and then I began vomiting uncontrollably. A second nurse had come in and asked what was happening, and the first nurse told her I was in transition and that she needed to call the doctor again. I had bypassed most stages of labor and went straight to transition. She called the doctor and told him that he needed to come now or she'd be delivering the baby.

I started feeling like I needed to poop at this point. Not that I needed to push, just that I had to go to the bathroom. I told the nurse and she checked me and told me that it wasn't that I had to go to the bathroom, but rather that it was the baby. Originally I was only supposed to be on the monitors for 15 minutes, and then I was to be allowed to get up and labor anyway I wanted. But after 15 minutes the nurse said that I couldn't get up because I was progressing too fast. The doctor showed up around this time, and I kind of lost track of time. He checked me and told me I was 6-7 cm and my bag of waters was bulging. I started crying because I wanted to be further than that, and within a few seconds his eyes widened and said, "nope, now you are 8-9 cm". I started feeling like I was going to lose control at this point so I was focusing as hard as I could. The doctor decided to break my bag of waters to help the baby descend. Nearly immediately after that I did lose control. Looking back I can't even remember what was happening. The pain was so intense, physically and mentally. I never really felt the urge to push but my body began pushing anyway. The doctor checked and I was 10 cm, but the lip of my cervix was still hanging on. The nurse was trying to calm me down because it would be dangerous to push with the cervix still there. I was screaming and sweating so bad I felt like I was in a sauna. They kept putting fans and cold cloths on me and they all felt luke warm, I was that hot. I know I screamed for drugs, which obviously it was too late for. I asked for a bottle of gin (which made everyone laugh), I kept telling Chris just to kill me because I felt like I was dying anyway. In between these intense moments I was completely fine, I apologized to everyone for screaming and yelling, and I guess I was delivering some great one liners because everyone was finding me amusing. During the intense moments I was completely out of control, I couldn't control anything that was going on. I was screaming, and yelling, I felt like a mad woman or the chick from the exorcist. Luckily this didn't last long. It seemed like eternity to me, but it was over within a few minutes. I pushed only twice and Baby David Cillian (Kill-ee-in) was born. They kept telling me to look and watch but I didn't care I just wanted him out. I know they call it the ring of fire, but that doesn't even come close to explaining how painful it was. I had an episiotomy, something I knew I would need because I'm shaped abnormally, and I also tore my urethra. Chris has a video of me where he asks if it was worth it and I said, "no... yes, but..." and I'm just crying. I don't remember that at all. I also recall Dr. Schropp asking what I was listening to on my IPOD and when I told him Country he told me that no wonder I was in so much pain, and that the baby is coming so fast to escape from the horrid music. He really kept my spirits up by joking with me instead of acting annoyed by my demonic behaviour. I didn't insult anyone or curse though, which I'm very proud of.

At 3:44 am, only 2 short hours after arriving at the hospital David Cillian entered this world weighing 5 lbs 14 oz and was 20 inches. I got my natural delivery and I learned that next time I would like an epidural. It was an experience I was glad to have, but not one that I'm eager to repeat.

doremi August 4th, 2008 10:08 PM

Oh man, that is quite the birth story. I hope your recovery goes well and that you heal quickly! I'm just glad you made it to the hospital, and that little David was born healthy!!

MarineWife2004 August 5th, 2008 10:22 AM

Wow it all happened so fast Congratulations!!!!

Birdie August 5th, 2008 11:10 AM

Wow! Good thing Chris insisted y'all leave for the hospital! What a great story!


I got my natural delivery and I learned that next time I would like an epidural. It was an experience I was glad to have, but not one that I'm eager to repeat.[/b]
I hear you sister. I've never gone all natural like that but both times I've had enough of a taste to know I don't want it! And I was LOL at the ring of fire!

kallie74 August 5th, 2008 01:21 PM

Ok, that was quite the story. I had to admit it made me giggle a bit, the parts about you asking for drugs & gin and asking your husband to kill you! :lol: But seriously, that is exactly how I felt with my last labor, after having been awake for like 36 hours and having intense contractions every minute with Pitocin--before I caved and got the epidural! So I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you. ;) All in all, just glad that you got to the hospital in time and that you have a healthy baby. The end result is what matters, in my opinion!

iluvgummies August 5th, 2008 01:54 PM

Oh, wow, what a story! You definitely made me laugh as well...asking for gin!!! Too funny! Glad you got to the hospital in time and that everything progressed rather quickly. Congrats on your little boy!!! :bluecheer: TFS.

RainyDay August 5th, 2008 02:58 PM

Great birth story, and it made me laugh too! I am still amazed at how fast your labors are! Oh, and OUCH about your tearing! I thought they cut episiotomy's to prevent tearing into the urethra.

Congrats on going all natural, even though you don't want to do it again, you should be so proud of yourself. I don't know why, but I thought you had a natural birth last time as well. Congrats on baby David :bluecheer:

~*KSmittyAU*~ August 5th, 2008 05:50 PM

Thanks for sharing your story!!! Welcome baby David!!!

Thanks for sharing your story!!! Welcome baby David!!!

ms.amy August 6th, 2008 11:01 AM

Wow that is a fast labor, maybe my vbac will go as quickly! (cross my fingers) You kinda scare me about the mad woman thing, but I am glad you hung in there and made it out ok with your baby boy! You did a great job! How is breastfeeding two babies going? I was always curious about that, I hope your not too exhausted good job mama!

frgsonmysox August 6th, 2008 12:34 PM

Looking back it wasn't so bad. I truly have forgotten how horrendous it was :P Still not something I want to do again, but if I had to I know I could live through it. Nursing two kids is going well. Sometimes I feel a bit touched out, but both are handling it okay.

Twhylite21 August 7th, 2008 06:44 PM

Congrats! That's a great birth story!

laur2laur August 8th, 2008 05:59 PM

Welcome to the world, baby David!

purplelady August 10th, 2008 02:56 PM

oh wow hun, CONGRATS on making it through what sounds like a very intense birth.

Proverbs31Mom August 14th, 2008 06:50 PM


At 3:44 am, only 2 short hours after arriving at the hospital David Cillian entered this world weighing 5 lbs 14 oz and was 20 inches. I got my natural delivery and I learned that next time I would like an epidural. It was an experience I was glad to have, but not one that I'm eager to repeat.[/b]
Very short labor! Sorry you had to go through it without epidural, but am glad that you are happy to have known that side of the coin!


(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.) September 9th, 2008 07:27 AM

Fantastic birthstory!! WTG Beth!

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright © 2003-2012 JustMommies.com, All Rights Reserved.