JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2008 Birth Stories (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f547-2008-birth-stories/)
-   -   Kathina Lynn 1/26 (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f547-2008-birth-stories/922070-kathina-lynn-1-26-a.html)

escalada22 February 8th, 2008 10:20 AM

Well, where do I start this story. I will start with my 40 week appt when my Dr tells me I am not dilated, cervix is still firm and nothing is going on. I was quite disappointed because I just knew something would have happened. I went back to the Dr. at 40 weeks 5 days and still nothing happened, so we decided on scheduling the induction on Friday which was exactly 41 weeks.

Of course I don't sleep at all the night before. We get up at 5:00am and leave at 6am to be at the hospital by 7am. By the time I get all checked in, IV set up, monitors on, they did not insert the first pill (Cervidil) until 9:30am. By this time my Mom had gotten there and planned on being there all day. I did not realize just how much I would not be able to get up and move around with the pill so it was quite boring just laying in bed. After the first 4 hours, not much was going on, no dilation and minor contractions so they did another pill. Again, after 4 hours not much change so another pill. They finally stopped w/ the pills by 9pm and they gave me something to help me sleep which was nice. During the night I got up to go to the bathroom and thought my water broke when I stood up cause I felt a small trickle. Well, come to find out I just had to pee so bad I barely made it to the bathroom. I was so embarrassed.

I woke up Sat. morning at 7am and felt like I had to go to the bathroom. I turn over in bed and my water breaks. I could not believe just how much water there was. It was a huge puddle in bed then I stand up and another huge gush on the floor. Of course I apologize to the nurse and she says it is a good thing and they like seeing this happen on it's own.

Within an hour they start me on Pictocin to strengthen my contractions. By 8:30ish my contractions were getting stronger and stronger. By 10 my contractions were regular 2 minutes apart and lasted 60-90 seconds. The midwife comes in to check me a couple of times and by 5pm I was only 2 centimeters dilated and 75% effaced. This little girl just didn't want to come out. It was at 5pm the midwife gave me 3 options. We could continue with the the pain medication I had been given (which was not working), I could get and epidural which she said could potentially stop labor, or we could go with a c-sec. I looked at her and started crying and telling her I could not physically do it anymore. So the process started for the c-sec.

I had given DH the option of going in if we did a c-sec or not. He decided against it, which was fine, so my mother went in with me. The whole time they were trying to do the spinal I was still having contractions which was not easy sitting through. I grabbed the poor guy who was holding my head and shoulders down. I may have left a bruise on his ribs. :confused:

They finally get me straight after about 20 mins of poking me with needles. They bring my mom in and about that time I start throwing up so bad I don't know what to do. I am laying down and she is holding the little basin and suction hose mopping up things for me all the while the Dr has started the c-section and I never even noticed. Finally, the next thing I hear is her crying which was the most amazing noise I have ever heard. I don't remember a whole lot from this point, but I do remember the Dr. holding up part of the umbilical cord that was tied in a "perfect knot" as they call it. It could have been a lot of complications if I had tried to deliver vaginally with this knot, so it was all a blessing that I did not dilate or progress anymore than I did.

My mother got to present her to me (which I don't really remember a whole lot) and I do know I cried and cried. Then they stitched me up and I was in recovery for what seemed like days, but it was a couple of hours. Finally I get wheeled to room and everyone is there and I still don't remember much of what happened the rest of the night. DH took a couple of pics of me and her, but I don't even remember them and I look horrible. I have dark circles under my eyes from pretty much being in labor for 2 days.

It was not easy, and it was exhausting but it was all worth it as soon as I saw her. It just seemed like she was not ready to meet us.

Kathina Lynn born 1/26 at 7:38pm, 9lbs 13oz and 21 1/2" long.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright © 2003-2012 JustMommies.com, All Rights Reserved.