JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2014 Playroom (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1956-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Back Pain Rant! (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1956-2014-playroom/2688688-back-pain-rant.html)

Jessimaaka October 30th, 2013 09:10 AM

Re: Back Pain Rant!

Interestingly enough, coffee did it for me too, but I seem to go off coffee when pregnant which was a huge help in removing a HUGE trigger.

Getting in the car was SOOOOO hard for the first little while because I always smoked in my car...so I would leave at different times, take toast and peanut butter with me so I had something to "do" with my hands.

And while you might not want to hear it....I gained 20-25lbs leading up to quitting smoking and the actual quitting smoking based on my first pregnancy weigh-in at about 5 weeks. And then went on to gain 50lbs with my son. 11 months after he was born I had pretty much lost it all though (71lbs in total!!!!), but it did take a lot of work. I started running, and there was no way I could imagine running and still smoking. I think that helped me when I had those urges after he was born.

Oh and pushing DF, I didn't mean to imply that you did! I just know its caused bickering between us and it is a very personal decision and I really need to learn to leave him alone lol. Even though the smell makes me sick right now.

I've always been a bargain shopper, much harder to do in Canada than the US though, we don't get to coupon like you guys and everything is SO much more expensive here lol.

Boos Moo October 30th, 2013 05:22 PM

Congrats ladies on quitting smoking :)

ToasterGirl October 30th, 2013 11:15 PM

Quitting smoking because of the pregnancy was VERY hard hubby is still trying. My back is KILLING ME I would rip out my own spine but you know, I kind of need it. It's been so difficult the only thing that's been helping is the yoga and just getting down like a dog on the floor and stretching it out. Unfortunately tylenol NEVER helped me so I don't eve take it, I bought some when it was okayed for me and it's still like random sawdust that does nothing. Ibproufen works for me but alas it's on the no no list ;-(

HaleyJ16 October 31st, 2013 12:22 PM

No worries! I know I push the heck out of him lol.
I've been thinking about starting back up with running. I used to be in cross country back in high school, but my shin splints ruined running for me. I have a workout room in the office of my apartment complex, but something about the idea of "working out" just kills it for me. I try and get in my daily morning yoga, but all I know is the yoga routine that I would do before I got pregnant. Prenatal yoga is a whole different ball game for me.
& ahhh Canada! Even though I love living in the US, I wish I lived in Canada.

I love the humor Toaster! Tylenol has never worked for me in the past, especially with headaches. I wish Ibuprofen was on the safe list since it's honestly the only thing that works! I haven't had any back pain since I started this post, but my headaches have been terrible. I plan on talking to my MW about medications I can take to suppress them since Tylenol is practically useless.

ToasterGirl October 31st, 2013 01:10 PM

Yeah tylenol is really terrible for me, and if you're looking for prenatal yoga techniques there are quite a few videos on youtube to show you what you can do, based on each trimester instead of having to go buy something. I've been doing it when I've got the energy and am not running for the hills to deposit my dinner in the toliet bowl every five mins. I have to modify some because I'm recovering from arm surgery (brilliant me, have surgery get pregnant a few days later WHILE STILL IN A SLING lol)

HaleyJ16 November 1st, 2013 08:37 AM

Thank you for that! I swear pregnancy brain is making me forget the most useful internet tool, youtube! I did a yoga routine this morning that Lara Dutta hosts and it was absolutely wonderful.
Hopefully your arm heals quickly! I've never had arm surgery, but I can imagine myself trying to do yoga in a sling.... I think humpty dumpty falling down a lot would be a good image of it :lol: