View Single Post
June 11th, 2010, 06:41 PM
AMiner86 AMiner86 is offline
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,041
So I'm running on very little sleep for the past few days so forgive me if I start to ramble or don't make any sense...

So it all started Tuesday afternoon. My stepson's bio mom decided that she wanted to keep him a little longer than the weekend since she had a few extra days off from work. She got him Saturday and wanted to keep him til Wed evening. Fine. Well Tuesday afternoon my BF calls me at work and says that he's picking up my DSS to take him to the ER because he's been throwing up for a day and a half and can't keep anything down. I'm of course worried, but know that there's a flu bug going around and just figure that's the problem. Well the ER takes too long so my BF decided to just bring him home and get him into the doctor the next day.

Well when I get home from picking my DD up from my mom's after work, I see that Meyson is outside playing and seems fine so I think that it must have been one of those 24 hours bugs or something along those lines and he's getting better. So we go about our nighttime routine and everything is going ok and then shortly after DSS lays down, he's up puking. I can instantly tell that it's not at all the flu and the puking is coming from his allergies. He's always had extremely bad allergies and when he doesn't take his medicine when the allergen levels are really high, which they are right now where we live, he coughs a lot at night and ends up getting sick because of all the mucuous and phlem in his throat gags him.

I conclude from this that his bio mom hasn't been giving him his medicine since she's had him, but I don't jump to conclusions just yet because he may just need a different dose since the levels are higher and what not. Well the next day my BF calls her and she has in fact NOT given him any of his medicine the whole entire time she's had him. And to make it even worse her reason for not giving it to him is because "she was out". Well sorry, that just doesn't fly with me because I know for a fact that Wal-mart is open 24 hours here and they sell his allergy medicine so she could have picked it up at any point in time while she had him.

So now because of her mistake, DSS is paying dearly for it. It takes a few days for the medicine to start kicking in full force and manage his allergies so he's been up sick every night this week and for such a stupid reason. It's so infuriating that because she decided that it wasn't important enough for her to go get him some more medicine and now he's miserable and not sleeping well during the night, which in turns makes for some bad days for him because of the lack of sleep. Yesterday my mom watched the kids while I was at work and when I picked them up, he fell asleep in the car and it wasn't even 7:00 yet and he NEVER goes to sleep that easy anymore.

Sorry for the long post, but I just needed to vent a little bit...
Reply With Quote