View Single Post
June 14th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had my second appointment last week and asked more specifically what they meant by "we don't want you to go past 40 weeks if trying for a vbac". I had assumed they meant they would induce. But now I learned they mean c-section. So if I don't naturally go into labor on my own by then they want to cut.

I asked the doctor how strict they were with this policy. She said she didn't want me to think it was set in stone... if I am dilating and making good progress they would "consider" letting me go past 40, but 41 is the absolute stopping point. They will only give Pitocin if I have started labor on my own and not progressing.

My water broke at 40 weeks 5 days last time. It's going to be stressful when I hit those last few weeks feeling the added urgency to go into labor on my own. I'm not a confrontational type of person... but vbac is something I feel strongly about and am willing to fight for. So if I need to I will push to get that extra week. This is all assuming this baby isn't breech which I keep feeling very doubtful about... I'm driving myself crazy with things I can't even really control!

I feel like in order to successfully achieve a natural vbac like I want, I need to be in a focused and clear state of mind. But it's going to be hard to get to that confident way of thinking if I feel doubtful that I will even have the opportunity to try vbac.