View Single Post
June 14th, 2010, 03:47 PM
VBAC Mommy!!!
Keep in mind that they can NOT force you to have a c-section. Just because you go past your ESTIMATED DUE DATE does not mean you automatically have to have a c/s. Due dates are just that....estimates. Everyone delivers at different points.

I was showing NO signs of labor with my first when I went in to be induced at 40w3d....which ultimately led to my c-section...because my body was NOT ready to deliver yet.

When I was pregnant with #2 and planning my VBAC, that was a big concern of mine...not going into labor on my own by 40/41 weeks.
At my 40 week prenatal appointment, I was still pregnant, but dilated to 3cm, which was good. She scheduled me for an appt a week later when I was going to be 41 weeks and said we would need to talk about doing something (some kind of induction) if I hadn't gone into labor by 41 weeks.
Luckily for me, I went into labor on my own at 40w3d and had a beautiful VBAC....so induction was never an issue.

Having said all that....I think the biggest thing is that you don't need to worry yourself to death about it. You WILL go into labor when your body is ready. They cannot force you into a c-section, that is YOUR decision. Don't let them make you think that you HAVE to have a c-section just b/c you reach your due date. You don't.

I would insist on at least 41 weeks before doing anything about it. And then, I would insist that they at give you a shot at induction before just going straight to the scalpel.