View Single Post
  #10  
June 15th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Amby Amby is offline
Veteran
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 0
I agree with pp on finding out why your ob is stuck with the 40 wk mark. My ob said they'd let me go to 41 wk then did a sono to check fluid levels and biweekly NST's and as long as those were fine let me go up to 42 wks. I had absolutely nothing going on at 41 wks. I was only 1.5 cm and 50% effaced. I got up at 41 wks 1 day in mild labor, water broke at 4:30 pm, and delivered just after midnight. So just because nothing is going on at 40 wks doesn't mean you can't or won't go on your own.

I would talk seriously with your dr and if they aren't willing to work with you it might be worth switching. I switched at 34 wks because my previous dr wouldn't tell me if he had a time limit and seemed kinda wishy-washy. It was the best decision I could have made.
__________________
Mommy to Rhiana 7, Chloe 4, Kelton 2, and Liam 6/6/10
Reply With Quote