View Single Post
June 23rd, 2010, 08:40 AM
♥susan♥'s Avatar
♥susan♥ ♥susan♥ is offline
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,280
My contractions started Tuesday June 1st around 11:30pm. They weren't super strong so I went to bed to try and sleep. I slept until midnight and then had to get up to move around because they were getting stronger. I walked the house, bounced on the ball, took a warm bath, and walked more until 4am and then decided we better call the doctor. The on call doctor said to get the contractions a little closer and then head to the hospital. We arrived just before 6am on June 2nd and were taken up to labor and delivery and given a room. At my first check I was still 2cm and 100% effaced (where I had been for two weeks). We walked the halls for awhile and tried to get some rest but I was too excited to sleep! I had horrible back labor and ended up getting some pain meds in my IV for that. Around noon, my husband went down to the cafeteria to get some lunch with our neighbor who works at the hospital. The nurse had just checked my about 30min before he left and I had progressed to 3cm so nothing major. Right after he left the doctor came in and did her check. I was now at 5cm! I have no clue if the nurse didn't check right or if I really progressed that quickly. The doctor went ahead and broke my water and called for the epidural. I figured it would take a little bit to get the epidural so I wasn't too worried about DH not being back yet. Well not even five mins later the man walked in to do the epidural! I of course freaked out and called DH cell phone and told him to get back to the room because I was not getting an epi by myself. He came back carrying this wonderful smelling taco salad that of course I could have none of! I got the epidural and was surprised that it did not hurt as bad as I thought it would. After that, I was able to rest a little until they told me it was time to start pushing. I started pushing at 5pm and Kylan was born at 7:08pm. I was having trouble feeling to push so they turned the epidural off and said there was plenty of medicine left in it to get me through...well they were wrong! The epidural ran out and the last 45mins of the delivery was very painful. After it was over, the nurses told me that my doctor was pretty sure I was going to end up being a C-section because of the way he was stuck behind my pelvis so I am very proud of myself for being able to push him out. DH cut the cord and did all of that fun stuff but I was so worn out and just in a daze that I really don't remember it. Kylan had pooped on his way out but they were able to suction it before he inhaled anything so he did not have to go to NICU. It was by far the best day of my life and worth every ounce of pain!!
Reply With Quote