View Single Post
June 23rd, 2010, 02:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaci View Post
What I did to keep my OB from pressuring me was explain that a trial of labor was very important to me. I wanted to go into labor on my own. She did ask at my 39 week appointment if I'd schedule a c/s during an opening she had the next Monday and I refused. I was actually quite lucky, it was around Thanksgiving so she had no room to squeeze me in until black Friday, so I didn't see her again until almost 41 weeks and truth be told, I skipped that appointment My water broke that morning and I didn't want them trying to force me to stay in the hospital.
I'm glad it worked out for you! I am due Thanksgiving day. Lol I have considered things like skipping my 39 and 40 week appointments. "Something came up and I need to cancel... hmmm no days are good for me until December..." We will see when the time comes. I am really hoping I will go naturally before 40 weeks, but deep down I feel doubtful.

I am trying my best to stay positive about either out come. I really want a VBAC and will fight and do what it takes to try to make it possible... but if I do end up with a c-section I don't want it to crush me. So I'm trying to think of positive things about a c-section. Like.... um... well... at least I would get to take advantage of the call button at the hosptial longer so I can have juice brought to me 24/7. Truthfully I will be disappointed if I have a c-section, but I think it will be easier since I have experienced it before and know more of what to expect. Thanks for all of your ideas and support ladies!