View Single Post
August 27th, 2010, 07:24 PM
The Heather's Avatar
The Heather The Heather is offline
Jedi Master of Piffleness
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 10,435
I went in on Wednesday, August 25th, for my induction. I was already 3 cm dialated, so we thought it would go well. After going through an entire round of pitocin (all the way to the maximum dosage), I still didn't have any strong contractions and was still only 3 cm. So they stopped the pitocin and they let me eat some dinner (the best turkey sandwich ever... I was hungry). I walked the halls for a while and then went back to my room. Stephen hadnít eaten dinner yet and we still had plenty of time (or so we thought) so he ran down the street to get some food. We were preparing for a long night! While he was gone, the doctor came in about 8:15 PM and they were getting ready to start my pitocin again. She decided to break my water to help things progress. However, when she broke my water she found that the umbilical cord was below his head. She was able to move it out of the way, but it was too unstable to chance a delivery. She told me I needed a c-section and called in the other nurse. I frantically called Stephen to tell him what happened so he could come back and I was immediately rushed into the operating room for an emergency c-section. From the time I called Stephen to the time Chase was delivered was only 10 minutes! Chase was born at 8:26 pm on August 25th and was 7 lbs 12 oz and 19 Ĺ inches long. Stephen was able to meet Chase in the nursery only a couple of minutes after he was born and then came to see me in the recovery room. After getting my pain under control, we were moved into a post partum room and the nurses brought Chase in so I could meet him. Everything changed and happened so quickly, but went as smoothly as it could have considering the circumstances. I guess Chase wanted to make a dramatic entrance into this world!
Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggie!

Reply With Quote