View Single Post
September 18th, 2010, 09:30 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar
*Bobbie* *Bobbie* is offline
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 15,851
After a long hard decision making process we have decided on a c-section.

I have GD and my baby is showing typical signs of GD. His abdomen is growing at a higher rate than his head and he is quite big.

His head is measuring on track while his body is measuring 42ish weeks. He is estimated at 9lbs 14oz at 38weeks. The added weight in all in his abdomen. I met with a new OB yesterday and she sent me to see the perinatologist for a consult and second opinion ultrasound.

There is a very strong chance if delivered vaginally he would get stuck. His head would be fine, but his shoulders would be the problem. He said there is just no way of knowing for sure which way a vaginal delivery would go. For me the risk just isn't worth it. I am so anti c-section and this is my biggest fear, but in the end I feel like the right decision.

So, baby day will be next week. I am soooo scared of surgery and recovery but know in the end it will all work out.

Oh yeah.... forgot to add and once again he is BREECH! LOL

Friday at 37w3d he was breech
Tuesday at 38w he was head down
Friday at 38w3d he was breech

He is a 10lb monkey! So yes full term BIG babies CAN flip at the end
Bobbie mom to : Jeremy (23) Amanda (20) Matthew ( 6) and Daniel (4).... RYAN DAVID 1/4/14 8lbs 10oz 20 3/4 inches!!! My miracle happened!
step-mom to: Stephany (24) and Krista (21)
step-grandma to: Wesley, Rosemarie, Scarlett

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon.
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. Her pictures can be viewed at
There is no known explanation for my losses.

Reply With Quote