View Single Post
June 30th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SCgirl @ Jun 30 2006, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotemain'>
I would choose beauty. We live in a culture where good looking people such as models make a LOT more money than intelligent people (teachers, scientists, etc).[/b]
But as long as we let this be the case, things will never change. I for one am not okay with that.
[/b]
Change it how? Stop going to movies? Stop buying clothes? Not watch television? Stop buying anything that uses an attractive model?
[/b][/quote]
No. But, stop letting the young girls believe it. Stop telling them that beauty is everything. If WE as women stop believing it...then our generations of girls (and boys) under us will at least have a fighting chance. We learn growing up (at least I did) that I could do anything a boy could do. So, why should I someday tell my daughter (if I have one) that she should really rely on her looks or become a model, because that's the only way she'll be successful? Sorry, but I just don't agree with that. I'm not saying things will change instantly, but it will be a step in the right direction.
[/b][/quote]

If I "had" to choose, I would pick brains. But I wouldnt want to choose, lol. There is no way that I would "tamper" with the process at all!