Topic: Payment Help
View Single Post
January 20th, 2011, 05:46 PM
SpazTaz SpazTaz is offline
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 7,429
Just as a word of advice, if you're going to take checks that's fine but don't ever give away the product/service until they've cleared, or just don't take checks at all and keep it to cash or money orders. Unfortuantely sometimes a hard lesson ends up being learned (I'm sure we've all been burned at one time or another).

You can try to take her to small claims court and tack on the fees to your amount so you can recover those. You'd probably win the case if you have copies of the NSF checks and she'd have to pay or they'd issue a warrant for her arrest.

Other than taking her to small claims court (no attorney needed) there's really not a whole lot else you can do.

Good luck hope you get your money back, if not at least it's a lesson learned and it won't happen again.
Reply With Quote