View Single Post
May 12th, 2011, 12:45 PM
lex1078's Avatar
lex1078 lex1078 is offline
Waiting patiently....
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,834
So I'm finally posting my birth story. Sorry for the delay, but the euphoria of having my rainbow baby hasn't worn off yet and I'm loving every last second of it.

Even though Max was scheduled to come out on May 2nd it was just as exciting as going into labor on my own.

On the morning of May 2nd, after a night of hardly any sleep, I woke up so excited and thrilled that I was finally going to meet my little man. DH and I had a nice relaxing morning at home. I finished packing my bags and we headed to the hospital at about 10:30am. Once we arrived I was put into a room and introduced to my nurse, also named Stephanie. She was fabulous!! She answered all our questions with out hesitation and even offered some friendly advice. She took pictures of DH and I before I was taken into surgery. While waiting for my time slot, I got ready in the hospital gown and was put on monitors for Max’s heartbeat and any contractions. I was shocked to find out that I actually had two contractions!! I never felt a thing. Finally, the time had arrived. I walked into the operating room, which, no matter what you’re having done, is a little terrifying. I was asked to sit on the table while my epidural was prepped. While sitting there, light conversation was made with the nurses and I was able to watch all the instruments being set up. That was not fun to see. There was a lot more than I could have imagined. The anesthesiologist was ready to give me my epidural. She began with cleaning my back and prepping the area. She told me I would feel a slight pinch, which was a lie cause I actually said OUCH! Then she asked how I was feeling and if I had any ‘shocks’ in my legs. I told her no and that I was doing ok. Next she began to say “You will feel your butt go numb soon” and halfway through her sentence I said, “My butt is numb!” She was happy to hear that. After the anesthesiologist finished up, I was laid on the table and the ‘screen’ was put up. DH was brought into the room and sat next to me. Not even 5 minutes later at 12:40pm, Max was out and screaming like a champ. He was shown to us over the curtain and it was the most beautiful site I had ever seen. He was looking a little pale and covered in goop, but it didn’t matter to me! I loved him at first sight. Stephanie, the nurse, took him over to be checked and we were told he was 8lbs, 11oz! Our little chunker!! He passed all his tests with flying colors and he continued to scream through everything. Max and DH were lead out of the OR as the Dr. finished putting me back together. I got to hold Max while I was wheeled over to recovery and family was able to see us for a few minutes. DH told me that while Max was being washed in the nursery, he screamed the whole time and that Max didn’t seem to happy to be there, but he did very well with all his tests and passed each one with flying colors.

I was in recovery for a good 2 ½ hours. I couldn’t leave until I was able to bend my toes and lift my butt off the bed. I tried and tried, but nothing worked so I just lay there and relaxed. Once I was able to meet those milestones, I was wheeled over to my room and family came in to keep me company. Finally, after about 20 minutes, DH went and picked up Max from the nursery, and he came and spent time with all of us. I was able to feed him right away and it was just the happiest moment of my life.

Its now just over a week later and I’m so in love. It’s such a high and I’m loving every minute of it. I love just having him sleep in my arms and I never want to put him down. DH has been absolutely wonderful and never complains about anything. I’m so thrilled to finally have my rainbow baby. It’s been a long hard journey, but so worth it.


Reply With Quote