View Single Post
June 21st, 2011, 02:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngwoman View Post
I know it's been awhile since you posted this, but I just saw this today and wanted to comment, in case you ever check back.

I can completely understand this. My DH and I have talked at length about this, especially within the last 6 months or so as we contemplated whether or not we wanted to have a second child. And he's said something to the effect of being at his limit and he's not sure he has much more to give. Which I totally get. Raising a child is hard work!

I think it's very wise for you to know your own limitations and to accept what you can and cannot handle. It's your life and your family, and I think you have everyone's best interests at heart.

I am late replying to this too. I completely agree with you. Raising a child is not easy. I can honestly say that having more than one would lead to major problems for DH and I. I don't have it in me and neither does my hubby. So I have two choices: Give my son a sibling, but a home full of tension or even a broken home, or have my son be an only child living in a happy home. I think he would rather be from the happy home.