View Single Post
August 1st, 2011, 09:12 PM
Leogirl's Avatar
Leogirl Leogirl is offline
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,163
If you want to keep the baby (and it sounds like you do) you need to go to your local health department and get a pregnancy test done. This is usually free or on the sliding scale. This will give you proof of pregnancy and they will either refer you to the state or set you up with everything you need that day. It depends on the state. In my state you walk out of the building with insurance, WIC,and prenantals. You have to go to the state assistance office a few weeks later and confirm that you meet the guidlines but it sounds like you should.

You also need to sign up for the WIC program. This provides you with free vouchers for cereal, eggs, milk, juice, cheese, beans, and peanut butter while you are pregnant. If you choose to breastfeed they will add carrots and tuna. If you choose to formula feed they will give you vouchers for formula and latter infant cereal,juice, and milk. In some states they also have a carseat program where you can get a free carseat if you attend a carseat safety class.

There is lots of help out there you just have to take advantage of it. Realize it's not a permanant thing and use it while you need it and pay it forward after you don't need it anymore.

Reply With Quote