View Single Post
September 14th, 2011, 08:18 AM
noworries
Hi Kelli,
I've been following your story on the Sept. DDC and I wish you didn't have to join us here but the ladies here are all wonderful.
Like others have said, spend as much time as you want with your beautiful baby girl. Take lots of pictures and videos. If you have a Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep photographer in your area, make sure to use them.
Our hospital had a grievance counselor come and talk with us. She called the photographer for us as well as got any questions answered that we had. She talked to us about burial/cremation and when we made a decision, she called the cremation place and got that all set up for us. She called the billing people and figured out costs of things for us. Our hospital also had people that would come in and take plaster molds of baby's hands/feet and had memorial boxes that people painted that they give you to keep all of baby's stuff in (hospital ID bracelet, clothing, etc).
If you have any questions about certain things, feel free to ask us. We're here to help in any way possible. This is a place you can cry, vent, ask questions, etc.