View Single Post
October 8th, 2011, 07:42 AM
arngwifey arngwifey is offline
Six in the City
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 808
I am 35 weeks 5 days now and the last few weeks my daughter has been having decreased movement, she's failed her NST and BPP this week so I was referred to a maternal fetal health and they want me delivered as soon as possible. I ended up going into preterm labor the night before my visit and he was upset they stopped labor at that point. I went in again yesterday and met with my OB and found out I have +2 protein, +3 ketones and I'm dilated 2. There is no explanation for the failed tests, or the decreased movement but there is worry that if we leave her in much longer she won't make it. I go to the OB now 3 times a week with BPP's and if she fails another one it's instant induction, if I have any cervical change, instant induction, if 37 weeks is made (I sort of doubt) then we do an amnio and deliver that day as well.

I feel like I've done something wrong with this pregnancy. I had 3 normal, healthy, full term deliveries with no issues and now this pregnancy I've got Pre-E looming over my head, decreased fetal movement, gallbladder issues, preterm labor....

A little update.

I went to the OB again yesterday and she passed her BPP which is great except it doesn't make me feel better about why she's failing them in the first place. But in addition to that I still have protein in my urine, headaches and feel really sick and my OB blames it on dehydration?! But on my way to the OB appointment I drank 32 ounces of water. Not to mention ALL weekend I spent the whole weekend drinking water and eating various things and there isn't an improvement in my ketones or protein but she wants me to keep waiting. Not only does she want me to keep waiting now rather than the plan to induce at 37 weeks she wants to wait until 39 weeks because she doesn't want to get a "nasty letter" for inducing someone before 39 weeks... as if this is just a normal healthy complication free pregnancy. My high risk doctor I saw last week wanted me induced LAST week... and she is suggesting I wait another 3 weeks?! I don't even know what to do. I'm so frustrated and defeated feeling. If I wait and something happens to me or her she will get more than a nasty letter and how could I live with myself?! I just don't know what to do.
Amazing siggy made by aprilmiracle

Make a pregnancy ticker
Always missing our angels.

Last edited by arngwifey; October 11th, 2011 at 07:11 AM.
Reply With Quote