View Single Post
October 28th, 2011, 05:32 PM
luvmykids623's Avatar
luvmykids623 luvmykids623 is offline
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 13,408
I have been going back and forth about this for weeks. I know that the babies will more than likely be born before 35 weeks (during flu season) and will do NICU time. They can't get their flu shot until at least 6 months, and by then flu season will be over. I have asthma, and H1N1 seriously attacks the respiratory system. I have a friend who got H1N1 when she was pregnant with her daughter and had to deliver considerably early because of the complications with her asthma. She delays and selectively vaxes her kids and she still recommended that I get it since I have such issues with my asthma. Knowing all that I was still on the fence, because all the junk they put in vaccines scares me. I talked to my OB about it last night and she was really understanding of my concerns. After talking to her I realized it is in our best interest to get it, and they had the preservative free version, so that made me feel better.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

Reply With Quote