View Single Post
November 16th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar
Madison.Hailey.Zack Madison.Hailey.Zack is offline
Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 11,069
Friday Oct 28th started out as a normal day with my 37 week appointment that afternoon. I got Madison ready and we were off to the doctors. While in the waiting room I felt a contraction. I was called back to the exam room. While taking my blood pressure the nurse asked me if I was anxious about something and I responded with nope. She then informed me that my bp was high for me. She left the room and so I waited for the doctor to come in. Once she came in she told me that the nurse informed her my bp was high today. She said she was going to check it again. I asked her what my numbers were. She looked and it was 150/100. So she checked it again and this time it was 142/100. So she checked me and I was not progressing at all. She checked my bp again and it was the same. So she decided that I needed to go to Labor and Delivery to be monitored to see if it would come down. She said that if it did not come down that I would be having Hailey by the end of that night. I asked her for her honest opinion if she thought I would be having her or not and she said she felt I would be. So I got dressed and packed everything up. I called Mike right away to tell him what was going on and he said he was leaving work and would meet me at the hospital since I needed someone there to help me with Madison. On the way out of the office the receptionist gave Madison a handful of dum dums saying they were to help her pass the time since we would be there awhile. So I'm driving to the hospital which is about 20-25 minutes away. The whole time I was shaking worrying about what was to come that day. I get to the hospital and meet Mike. We get into L&D and they hook me up to all the moniters. They pick up some contractions and my bp started to come down. The nurse then tells me that there was a trace of protien in my urine at the office but the first sample they took at the hospital didnt have any. So they talk to my ob about what she wants them to do and she wants me admitted for 24 hours to do a 24 hour urine collection and moniter my bp more. So I get put in my room. The next day at 3 pm they tell us the results of my 24 collection. Normal protien levels are 300 and mine were 371. They tell me I have the beginning stages of Pre E. So they make the decision to deliver her. Since I had lunch that day however I had to wait 8 hours. So they say 7:30 they will take me to the OR. So at 7 they take me back and give me my spinal and catheter. The spinal hurt like h**l. I was getting so nervous and kept wiggling my toes to make sure the epi was working. Finally they let Mike in and just in time because I lost it and started crying. When it was time to pull her out they held up a huge mirror and we got to see everything, me opened up and them pulling her out. It was so cool to watch! She started crying right away. She was born October 29th at 8:15 pm weighing 7 lbs 7 oz and 19 1/2 inches long! After everything was done and we were in recovery I started to feel sick to my stomach, dizzy and having hot flashes. I wouldnt hold her for awhile because I was afraid I would drop her. I ended up throwing up and after 2 hours in recovery I was put in our room. Thats when I held her for the first time. I was in love the minute I saw them start to pull her out!! This delivery was so different from my delivery with Madison.

Reply With Quote