View Single Post
March 21st, 2012, 06:18 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar
.:Shortcake:. .:Shortcake:. is offline
♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 17,624
Thanks for thinking of me ladies... here is an update posted in TTCAL

"DH and I just got home from our appointment. We did not have any procedures done today because right now everything is on hold. The RE is very nice and very informative. He sat down with DH and I and went over all of our past history in detail. After we went over everything he basically laid out our options. We can try IUI with injectables for 3-6 cycles and then move on to IVF or go straight to IVF. DH and I were kind of expecting that part. However when we asked him our chances with IUI vs. IVF he basically told us that he does not think that IUI is a good option for us. If we just had one or two things wrong then he would start with IUI but with the PCOS, Endo, MTHFR & Recurrent Losses he believes that our best option is the IVF. I know that some RE's say that because they get more money but honestly he injured his back and is not even doing IVF's at the moment and said he would refer us to another doctor for the actual procedure and then us do all the monitoring with him. He would be the one doing the IUI and he would make more money from that. He is also not very fond of my OB. He sat down and talked to me about everything in my chart and honestly I'm not so sure what I want to do there now. My OB did so many things when I had the HSG/LAP/Endo removal in 2010 that he is pretty sure I have a fair amount of scar tissue in my uterus and possibly tubes. So needless to say DH and I are very upset with everything. This RE does not have the shared risk program. He told me that he would love for me to stay there and for me to get my treatment through him but he did tell me that for us he would recommend going to a place that has the shared risk program for IVF. He feels it is going to be a challenge to get me pregnant. DH and I both really liked him and felt he was very interested in helping us get pregnant and not about money or rushing off to another patient. He also said that with all my losses he would do weekly ultrasounds for the whole first trimester to reassure me. DH and I decided we needed to come home to talk about things and he really wants to check into the shared risk program. The only place that does that at the first RE we were originally supposed to see. So I guess now we are going to look into that but until then we are NTNP because it's probably going to be awhile until they get us in. Another thing is we have to get approved for the loan because the program is $20,000. So right now I'm feeling broken and discouraged. It's not how I wanted to leave that appointment today. And now I also do not know what I want to do about my OB. He left me see my chart today and the reason she kept me for 3 years instead of sending me to and RE is because the OB I go to is very religious and only as a last resort sends people to RE's. He said there is no reason that I should have been with her for 3 years using Clomid for a total of 9 cycles and Femara for a total of 8. So that is my update ladies."

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Expecting my baby boy May 9th
Emergency cerclage put in 12/24

Reply With Quote