View Single Post
April 4th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Caleb's Mommy!
DH and I began TTC when the doctor told us it may be difficult, and that my ovaries really needed some "rest time". We thought we'd wait a little longer, but decided what the doctor said was the Lord's way of telling us it was time to start trying. We also want a large family, and with my endometriosis, we knew we needed to start soon. We did all the "right" things. We timed BD well, we used the right lube, I ate right, took the right supplements, and we both took good care of ourselves. But cycle after cycle I got BFNs and AF would show up on time.

This cycle I did do a few things differently. I began a diet that is supposed to reduce inflammation due to endo and I took a supplement that has been shown to increase pregnancy levels in women with endo (it doesn't work for the general population, though). I also took fish oil to reduce inflammation. I did some pelvic fertility massage in the beginning of the cycle. The day before and day of O I also added just a pinch of baking soda in with my Conceive Plus lube. I didn't have high hopes this month because after this many cycles, you kind of start losing hope. But I kept reminding myself of God's faithful love. That if He loves me enough to send His only Son to die on my behalf, then He would not withhold any good gift from me. I kept thinking of that passage that says no father gives his son a stone when he asks for bread. I was convinced that God would not keep sending AF when we asked for a baby. And I rested in His character. He alone is the ultimate giver of life, and He could get me pregnant even if I only BDed once a cycle.

And this month He did. I am so thrilled, I can't even put it into words. I am humbled and amazed. He is so good and He is so faithful! Ladies, I know some of you have been struggling for months or even years. Keep pressing forward! It can and will happen for you too!
and Silas Carson (born 6/26/15)