View Single Post
April 20th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Bébé Cowgirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by owensmom View Post

I just wanted to say too that if you do need to suppliment, don't think that it means BF is over. the first night we had DS he just kept wanting to nurse and finally would suck for a few seconds and then realized he wasn't getting anything and would scream. we asked for a bottle. litterally less then 1/2 oz is what he ate and was full and went right to sleep. that was the only bottle he ever had and I was so glad that we gave it to him. I feel like sometimes people push the "breastfeed full time" too hard and make you feel bad for a little suppliment, but it's not the end of the world.
I'm glad you mentioned this b/c I should have too...I was induced and as a result my milk didn't come in for 10 days - and we did ultimately need to supplement Savannah in the first week due to weight loss (beyond normal/ok amount) and jaundice complications. While not ideal, it does not have to impact your ability to BF - you may have to work a little more to preserve & grow your milk supply (in my case, my supply wasn't impacted at all) so don't give up even if you end up in a supplementation situation!

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)