View Single Post
June 25th, 2012, 05:28 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar
kbpeanut kbpeanut is offline
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: north county san diego, ca
Posts: 13,284

Scooter Stats
How far along?: 9w0d
Total weight gain/loss: about +2lbs (but scale is broken, so that's a guess, I feel like I've lost just a bit)
Maternity clothes?: Yep. Had to make a trip to the mall this weekend as I officially have no jeans or shorts that fit comfortably. I think this is temporary, bloat.
Stretch marks?: None yet.
Best moment this week: A little bit more energy during the days.
Miss anything: Not really.
Movement: Nope.
Food cravings: Breyers Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream, sour patch kids, bacon/hard boiled egg sandwiches, pancakes, cereal (grape nuts)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Pizza still.
Have you started to show yet: Still just bloat from my enlarged ovaries. Might be a bit smaller than last week.
Gender: Team Green, but feeling "boy"
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out?: In! Please stay that way.
Wedding rings on or off?: On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Pretty much happy all the time.
Looking forward to: 10w "graduation from RE" appointment/scan on Jul 2!

Whew. It's been a day. I'll apologize in advance for my journal laziness today. I'm pasting what I wrote in my TTC journal, and just adding a few things. Doing the same for my DDC journal too.

First, we had a busy weekend. Good, but busy. Sat, breakfast, then did some gardening. Got our bunny fence back up, ran some more of the irrigation system/drip watering, since we didn't think one area was getting quite enough. Sampled our green onions...looking like those are ready any day! Yum! Then we did some stuff for DH motorcycle (whenever he gets a new bike, seems like every weekend is something related for a few months). We got home, then showered, and went to the wedding. I ended up having to not wear the dress I was planning (the big flowy one I got for the baptism), as it didn't quite hide my bump anymore. I ended up wearing an older black dress, one of my favorites, that fit ok, and it has ruching (sp?) in the mid section, so it did well enough to hid my bloat/bump. I also had on my heavy duty spanx. That, plus, my shawl that I included later in the night after the sun went down, hid things well enough.

When we got to the wedding, the ceremony was quick, then we all got in the drink line. I got water. It was bout 90 degrees and sunny, so I said I was too hot to drink yet. Nobody thought anything of it. It wasn't long before I found out that the people I didn't want to see (the woman, primarily), weren't coming. They live out of town (far), and turns out their middle child had been in the hospital. All 3 of their kids have auto-immune challenges, so this isn't terribly uncommon, but this was apparently a bad one. So they stayed home. I felt bad for them, despite my complaining. But, that made things a TON easier.

The couple we are closest with, we were seated with. Nobody seemed to notice I drank water all night. If the one girl did, she's the one I'm closest to, she wouldn't dare say a thing. I'm sure there is some speculating, but oh well. It was a nice night, the food was OUTSTANDING (for wedding food!!!), and I ate a ton. I got tired about 9, and DH was all to pleased to leave. We were having a really nice time, but our good friends just left (they spent the entire day moving into their new house), and the dance floor was just picking up (as was the drunkenness of the kids - remember, these peeps are 10 years younger). We had a super nice time, and left. Came home, crashed!

Sunday, breakfast out, then decided I needed to go shopping. We had taken the bike out on Sat and then Sun for breakfast. I always wear jeans on the bike, no matter the weather...safer. And I officially now have no jeans that fit. Not even with belly band, or the rubber band trick. There is just no way around it. I am officially out of shorts that fit too, and capris. That leaves me with 3 pairs of pants that I can wear in public (they are all either rachel pally or saint grace pants - palazzo style, if you are familiar). They are great, and I can get away with them in many situations, but not places like the Park or riding a bike. Plus, I live in the desert, I need shorts! So, DH insisted we go to the mall. I don't want to get a ton now, since I'm still early, but I just needed a couple things. I ended up with a super cute pair of khaki capris from Macy's/Destination Maternity section, which were on sale, and they are a bit big now, and are full panel, so I can probably wear them throughout. At the Motherhood Maternity store, DH made me try on jeans. I first tried shorts, but they were all hideous. When I came out of the dressing room with them on, DH says , "Um, what happened there? What's going on over there?" They were bad. Then he found jeans. First pair, sucked. Second pair, big, but good enough. I am a jeans snob. SNOB. Yes, I'm one of those that pays WAY too much for jeans. But I do, and I love them. The only thing I ever spend money on, really. Everything else is Target or big time sale. But the second pair wasn't bad. They were comfy, and though big now, wearable for a long time I think. No luck on shorts. Then since I've been craving a DQ Blizzard, I got one

We came home, decided it was too nice to be inside, so we went up to our subdivision pool (very nice pool). There were a few people there, and so we just laid by the pool for about an hour. We got in before long, as it was really hot out (90s), and the water wasn't warm, but it felt great. When we got home, I took a rest on the couch, DH worked, then we went to Olive Garden for dinner. Don't know why, we never eat out on Sundays, but DH wanted it? Whatever! It was deelish. I didn't feel well at ALL after dinner, so we came home, and I pretty much went to bed. Slept 12 hours.

Woke up this morning not feeling to hot, so laid in bed with Max and Peanut for another hour. Finally got up, had pancakes (leftovers from yesterday), and went to the Park. I didn't feel good, but I don't have too much school to do, and I wanted to get out. I wore my new capris, which was awesome, and stayed in the shade. I saw some animal friends, human friends, and the bird show. TI can say that m/s is kicking in. I felt like s**t all morning, though not nauseous, totally queasy. I tried eating a banana at the park, thinking it would help, but it almost made me ralph. I kept it down, drank some ice water, and sat in the shade. It passed. I still stayed for a bit, then I went to the grocery store, picked up a few things, forgot more than I remembered to buy, then came home.

I've spent the last hour and a half trying to figure out what to eat for lunch. I finally decided, after a bit of a process, to make a cobb salad sandwich. Whatever, it works. So what if it's 4pm?

DH is yelling at me over my chat window to go rest. So, going to do that. And will probably fall asleep, so no making fun of my belly pic that I will take later/post tomorrow, which will happen after I've made a mess of myself on the couch!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!


Our TTC Journey | Pregnancy Journals: Nugget (or here) and Baxter (or here)

Last edited by kbpeanut; June 26th, 2012 at 11:32 PM.
Reply With Quote