View Single Post
August 2nd, 2012, 09:21 AM
Padon-n-Kyndal Padon-n-Kyndal is offline
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Dallas, TX area
Posts: 107
We had an induction date set for August 1st and I was 39 weeks and 3 days.
I had been checked the previous Monday and was at 2cm.

I had been having contractions on and off for weeks but nothing that stuck around. Got to the hospital around 6:30 am on Wendesday and they got my IV in around 7:30 am and I was at 4 cm already!

Started the pitocin and just waited. They checked me again at 10:00 am and I was almost at 5 cm, and they offered to break my water. I decided I would wait until my mom could get there because I knew once that happened it would most likely be quick.

My mom got there around 10:30 and the doctor broke my water at 11:00 am and she left for lunch saying she would be back around 12:30 pm to check me again. I was still at a 5 cm.

Things really picked up at that point. I could still manage them but I had to stop talking and sort of hum through some of them. At 12:15 pm I was in a lot of pain and was moaning a lot to get through them, plus they were coming every 2 minutes. They checked me and I was at 7cm.

I got on a birthing ball and rocked but I just felt like I could not manage the pain. My husband was rubbing my back and I was squeezing my mom's hands. At 12:30 pm I said I cannot do this and asked for some medicine, they then tell me that they can not give me IV pain meds that all I can get is an epidural and that I have to be able to sit still. At this point there was no break in the contractions...coming right on top of each other and I was starting to lose control.

I asked for someone to go get the doctor she came in a few minutes later and I was crying and moaning and I started to feel a lot of pressure. She asked me to get in the bed so she could check me. As I stood up off of the ball to climb in bed I felt this pressure and intense need to push. As soon as I laid on the bed I was yelling (really embarrassed about that) saying he was coming and that I was pushing and could not help it. The doctor said you are a 9.5 cm but as you push I will hold the rest of your cervix back.

I pushed and I could feel his head and shoulders...I gave 3 pushes all within the same contraction for about 30 seconds and he was out. It was not pretty......I was yelling because I was scared and I felt very out of control of my body since I could not stop the pushing and I could feel the fact that not only was he coming quickly but I was relieving myself all over the bed and the doctor. (Sorry TMI but the truth)

He was born at 12:58 pm weighing 7 lbs. 14 oz and 21 inches long. He is perfect!

I am glad I did it and that it was so fast. What they don't tell you is it took about another 15-20 minutes to get the placenta out.
Reply With Quote