View Single Post
September 9th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar
Kansascity kitty Kansascity kitty is offline
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NOVA
Posts: 7,997
I had been in the hospital since Tuesday (06-05-12) when I started having contractions around 8am so I was admitted for observation and given iv fluids then later that day at 6:30pm my water broke! I was terrified I was given the first steroid shot and shipped to UVA. I so hated UVA with a passion for many reasons such as them almost stopping my heart from all of the meds and I just so happened to be allergic to one of them. On more then one occasion I had asked the Doc's to keep the students down to a minimum of 2 instead of 6 which no one listened. Anyway I could go on and on but I will stop there! I then requested to be shipped to to Georgetown University. My obstetrician decided to use original LMP which was December 24th instead of his dating ultra sound. I was able to get the second dose of steroids and was on mag for a couple of days plus tons of around clock antibiotics. I also discovered I'm allergic to Ampicillin luckily no damage was done to my heart . Anyhow Labor restarted around 3pm and after another exam I was at 4 cm so the team decided to go ahead with the c section that day. The girls were born at the same time 8:42pm! London weighed 1 pound 1 oz and was 10 1/2 long Paige was 1 pound 3 oz and 11 1/2 long. London let out a cry and Paige was still in her intact sac! The NICU team had no issues intubatiing the girls. All the baby's lab work past with flying colors now we all have a long journey ahead please keep my girls in your prayers. They were born at 24 weeks 2 days almost 3. I was released from the hospital a few weeks later and within 20 hours I then ended up with my infection spreading to my blood (Bacterium Frigilis) and a 103.9 degree fever! So I had to go back to the hospital was admitted and back on stronger guns to kill the infection I left about 6 days later with a Picc line and had to administer myself antibiotics every 6 hours intravenously. So once 14 days were up my nurse came to the house and took it out yay! Then about a week later I had a hard mass start growing in my abdomen well it started out the size of a gum ball, within three days it was the size of a baseball and I was in tremendous pain all over again! Pain I can't tell you how bad my stomach hurt when I had the infection I would rather be in a fast hard active labor then have had that! So back to my stomach mass, it was a abcess! I was then admitted again and back on antibiotics, and morphine, The following day I had a drain placed. This thing ended up staying in my stomach for 5 days then it was removed. The girls were having their own issues so many infections I was scared to death, but low and behold they pulled through that rough rocky start and are here and stronger then ever. If you ever think something is not normal with your pregnancy at any stage PLEASE call your doctor , get seen don't wait.

Reply With Quote