View Single Post
January 3rd, 2013, 11:04 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar
DaniM0820 DaniM0820 is offline
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pottstown, PA
Posts: 3,078
3 months and 3 weeks old

I'm still alive!!

Things have been super crazy, so here is a *hopefully* short recap:
--We had to pack up and move out by December 1st. We found a home for rent that is 3 times the size of our old place at the same price, and all 3 dogs were able to come with us
--Unpacking is still going on. It's near impossible to get everything done with a baby around!
--Jordan laughs, smiles, coos, babbles, "talks," holds his head all the way up during tummy time, is starting to try and scooch, and is just now starting to try and roll over (he's been lazy with that up until now ). He also grabs everything and is putting most things in his mouth, chewing on his hand, and drooling like a rabid dog. Not so fun news is he now spits up after almost every feeding during the day (right after burping too!) but not at all during his night time feeds. And I don't take in much dairy so I don't know what the issue is.. he doesn't seem uncomfortable, just lets it all out. Blech.
--Jordan spent 3+ weeks sleeping through the night, and then it stopped. We moved him to his crib last week and have been trying to give him a bed time between 7:30pm and 8:30pm. He has been waking up 2-3 times in the middle of the night but I think he is starting to get the hang of sleeping longer (fingers crossed)
--DH and I had colds just before Christmas, which Jordan caught for Christmas Eve. He was NOT a happy baby, but seemed a lot better (and slept a lot) on Christmas Day. He loves all his gifts and we have Christmas Part 2 with my mom's side of the family on Saturday where he will most likely get spoiled.
--Jordan was awake for the ball dropping on New Years, then screamed after we all yelled "Happy New Year" and DH and I both gave him a kiss. lol I shouldn't have laughed but it was funny and cute the way he scrunched his face up!
--I got all of 4 hours of sleep last night, all interrupted. I mostly blame DH and his snoring. I wake up for the baby and feed him, then can't get back to sleep because I'm married to a grizzly bear. I can't wait to sleep in on Saturday!
--I returned to work yesterday and Jordan also started daycare yesterday I didn't realize how sad I would be until I had everyone asking me all day long how the baby was. I really missed him and was soooo happy to pick him up!! Apparently he was grumpy for a bit a daycare and cried, but throughout the day he cried less. He was however SO glad to see me, and the caregivers said it was the most they saw him smile all day I'm glad he missed me so much but I hope he starts enjoying it there more or else I'm going to feel guilty forever.
--My company gave not only Christmas bonuses, but also iPad 2s to every employee. I received mine yesterday upon my return to work. I played on it last night and it's defective. Awesome. Now I have to go to the Apple Store in the KOP mall for a replacement. Which is always a nightmare. But hey, Free iPad
--Pumping at work is not my favorite thing. I work in a cubicle, so they have a pump room for ladies who need to use it. Only one room with a lock on the door and no windows, and it's halfway across my building. But I am pleased to report that on my first day I pumped a total of 10.5 oz in 2 30-minute sessions. Not the greatest but Jordan only took 2 bottles at daycare yesterday, so it was enough. This morning I pumped 7 oz in 30 minutes and I still have my afternoon session to do; am hoping for 7 more (or more!) Once my body learns my demands I'm sure I will be able to pump more in less time and have plenty to freeze

***Note to anyone thinking of pumping--definitely get the bustier! It is sooo much easier to pump both breasts and my boobs are so freaking big I couldn't hold both at the same time without either making a mess or the stupid flange popping off or not being able to adjust the speed and suction throughout. The Medela bustier I got from BRU is a life saver!!
I also ordered an entire extra set of pumping parts, this way I can keep one at home and one at work. It's a PITA to lug everything around and try and remember everything. This will also come in handy if anything were to break on me (gasp!).

Well, that's what is new with us. I wish I had more updates on Jordan but as I said things are still hectic from the move and the holidays. We are finally getting into a normal routine and I hope it leads to my little man sleeping through the night!

Now that I'm back at work I should be able to post more regularly. Just know that I check up on everyone daily on my phone, just wasn't posting much!

10/01/15 @ 8.5 weeks
11/17/15 @ 4 weeks (chemical)
1/25/16 @ 4.5 weeks
3/07/16 @ 5.5 weeks

Struggling with how much more my heart can take.
Reply With Quote