View Single Post
January 28th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Jules_loves_beaches Jules_loves_beaches is offline
Expecting #2
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,295
So on December 26th, I had my 39 week appointment. I was checked and was thinned, baby was very low, but no dilation. While at the OB, my OB said they don't want me to go over my due date because of my blood clotting disorder. The risks outweighed waiting for my body to go naturally, so my OB said to pick our baby's birthday and that I would be induced. DH and I were so in shock. We had to pick a weekday to go into L&D and I would have to go in at night to start cervadil to rippen my cervix since it was still closed. So we had to pick either the 28th or the 31st. To avoid being the hospital on NYE, we went with the 28th. I had to check in on the 27th to start the cervadil so I was told to come back at 5PM and if there was any issues with L&D they would call me.

Well at 5PM I went to L&D and they told me they were full at to call back at 730 PM. I live less than 2 miles from the hospital so it wasnt a hassle, but it made DH and I nervous that this induction would fail. I called at 730 and they wanted me to come back at 9PM. Luckily I was able to eat dinner and then relax a few more hours and then we went back to L&D. We checked in at 9PM. My OB was in a delivery when I was all set up, so we had to wait until 1030 for her to put in the cervadil. At 1030 PM I was 50% effaced, closed and baby was in a -1 or 0 position. I had to stay in bed for the next 90 minutes and not eat anything, but my OB wanted me to eat a little protein at 12 so I would have some energy for the next day since I wouldnt be able to eat anything the next day. So DH went down at 1230 and got me a grilled chicken sandwich and then I went to sleep.

I was up about every 2 hours to go to the bathroom and because it was a little uncomfortable being hooked up to all the monitors. So at 7 they took the cervadil out and I was still closed but very thin. My OB wanted to put another cervafil in, but then I started cramping and having contractions every 3 minutes. Since I was having contractions, they couldnt put in another cervadil. They started me on fluids to see if the contractions would stop and they didn't so my OB So at 830 AM I was given cyotec and then my contractions got really strong and intense about 1.5-2 minutes apart. About 1030, the pain in my back and pressure was getting unbearable so I asked for my options. They checked me and I was 1cm so an epi was an option. Got the epi and felt so much relief! I was shaking for about 10 minutes while my body regulated and then I was able to rest which was very nice.

At 1230, my OB came to check, 1cm but 100% and cervix moved closer, it was very far back. the Pitocin was started at 1 and with the plan to break water later that night, but my water broke on its own at 1:20. They just stopped the pitocin at that point and checked me and was 4cm. After that I rested some more and took a nap. At around 3ish, i woke up with the urge to push and lots of pressure. I called the nurse and was at 8. So the nurse started getting the room ready for me to start pushing. I was progressing pretty quickly.

A little before 4 was checked again and I was 10 and ready to push. They called my OB and I pushed through two contractions with the nurse. After those two contractions, the nurse called my OB to come to the room to deliver the baby. We waited a couple contractions for my OB. She joked and thanked me for being so considerate since now she would be able to make it home for dinner since I progressed so quickly. I pushed through one contraction and my OB asked if I wanted to see her head so I looked down and saw her hair and started to tear up! I pushed through one more contraction and out came my little girl.

Ember Paige was born at 4:12 PM, weighing 7 lbs 11 oz and 20.5 inches. She is so beautiful and the OB put her on my chest right away. I started to cry, she was so beautiful. I held her for a while and then they took her to weigh her and clean her up some more. I got her back and she latched on right away. She is so perfect.

Here is a picture of us right after she was cleaned up.


Reply With Quote