View Single Post
February 13th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Rachel's Avatar
Admin-Rachel Rachel is offline
Just Rachel
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Taneytown, MD
Posts: 115,728
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
After 10 years of paying child support directly to his ex wife, and one of his daughters being 22, his ex wife has now asked the court to intervene and make him pay through child support enforcement. Here's the kicker, they want the original support amount despite the fact that there is only one minor child at home and his income has changed and my former SIL's income has changed all of which is reason for modification of the support amount. And she owes him $10,000 for a contempt of court she committed back in 2001 (moving out of country without court permission) and hasn't paid a dime. She also should have been paying for ALL of the travel expenses for visitation, but she hasn't paid anything. If he wanted to see the girls, he paid for flights. It was either pay or take her back to court, which would have required time and expense and he wouldn't have seen the girls in the interim.

To say that I'm disgusted with the way fathers are treated by the court system where I live might be the understatement of the century.

Anyway, just needed to vent.
Reply With Quote