View Single Post
February 28th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar
Wee3monkeys Wee3monkeys is offline
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 3,352
Hi! I'm so terribly sorry for your losses, but on a happy note CONGRATS on this new pregnancy. Get a referral to a Perinatologist! With two seriously preterm placental abruptions, you should be receiving extra monitoring and I would be demanding it. You are you're best advocate, talk to your doctor about it and about a referral. Good luck!!!

Lots of doctors think they can handle things, and they can normally; but a Perinatologist is trained to look for, notice, and monitor above normal issues. My regular doctor doesn't even want to talk to me about pregnancy issues, I see my Perinatologist as my universal OB. Even if you're doctor thinks he can treat you as a normal patient, I would ask for a referral to a Perinatologist just to discuss your past pregnancy/deliveries, and talk about things to watch for, maybe.

Reply With Quote