View Single Post
March 21st, 2013, 08:35 PM
the shade of it all
Tonight, DF and I started talking about prenatals, supplements, and herbal teas. He got really excited when I told him that I wanted to kick my soda addiction this summer, and that when we buy prenatals, I want him to compare with me to find the best ones. It made me feel really good that he cares about my health and the health of Future Baby.

Big Boy was planned.. but when I actually got pregnant, his father freaked out. I had to move back in with my parents because he wouldn't pay the bills to keep our heat on. I would come visit him at six months pregnant, and he would expect me to live off Cheerios and beef jerky. Little Boy was a surprise, and his dad tried hard to take care of us, but we had gotten screwed on our apartment lease and could barely afford food. It was high stress both times.

This time, we have planned for this baby. My DF has already committed to our health and wellness. It makes me feel good, like this will be a good pregnancy, like I will be able to focus on good things instead of worrying how we will eat or if we will get evicted. It makes my heart feel all warm and happy, and it makes me fall in love with him all over again.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.