Topic: Braxton Henry
View Single Post
April 3rd, 2013, 06:45 PM
GraysMama's Avatar
GraysMama GraysMama is offline
AKA marriedc
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Gold Coast, Australia
Posts: 5,612
Braxton's birth story

It all actually started on Saturday April 30th when I ended up in labor and delivery with contractions. Contractions were 3-4 minutes apart so they monitored me for a while but sent me home about 5 hours later.

Contractions continued throughout the weekend and early hours of Tuesday morning I woke up to go to the bathroom and had to sit there for about a minute while I just gushed fluid. My waters never broke with Grayson so I wasn't really sure what was happening. I went back to bed and had cramps and contractions. When I woke up later there was blood when I wiped. I then vomited and there was 2-3 tablespoons of blood in my vomit so I called L&D and they told me to go to the ER and then go to L&D.

I got to the hospital and ER basically didn't want to see me - they wanted me straight up in L&D. I went upstairs and was monitored for a few hours. I was having contractions 6-7 minutes apart. They told me they were admitting me.

That evening the doctor came through and told me I'd be having my c section the following morning. I did have a freak out moment wondering of it was too early for him to come (I was 38 weeks 3 days pregnant day of c section) but I figured he was ready because he didn't want to stay put!

I had a pretty rough night on the maternity ward! I was given sleeping tablets but I was continually woken up by doctors and nurses. I was also a little nervous about c section but I don't know why. My hubby arrived at the hospital at about 7am and at 7:40 they started taking us downstairs to get everything prepped.

After receiving a mix of spinal blocker and epidural, things finally started happening at about 9am. I felt like this time it was taking much longer than my previous c section. The anesthesiologist explained that the surgeons were being extra cautious as it was a repeat c section and they wanted to try and have minimal scar tissue. I eventually felt that weird tugging/pulling sensation and they lowered the curtain so I could see my son for the first time! He let out a hearty cry - which made me cry! - and the midwife told me he arrived at 9:30am. They cleaned him up and brought him straight toy chest for skin to skin. They took a long time stitching me Up. I was starting to feel nauseous so I got Kevin to take the baby. Finally at 10:30 they had finished and I was wheeled into recovery. We spent about 30 minutes in recovery before heading to our bed in the maternity ward.

My brother was looking after my older son Grayson so he brought Grayson to the hospital. Grayson was a little apprehensive at first but now is mesmerized by his baby brother.

Braxton is a champ at breast feeding but he's a lazy latcher! He also shares a birthday with his grandpa (Henry - who his middle name is from) and his (deceased) great grandfather. So he's the third male in my husbands family to share the bday!

Stats: Braxton Henry arrived at 9:30am April 3rd 2013
Weight 7lbs (3330grams)
Length 19.69 inches (50cms)

Siggy by Heather (Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* ) / View My Siggy Gallery // Request a Siggy

Reply With Quote