View Single Post
April 23rd, 2013, 10:57 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar
daneeleigh daneeleigh is offline
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 6,647
My water broke and I called my midwife immediately cause it had color otherwise I would have waited till morning. She told me since it wasn't green to stay home and come in 12 hours later at noon. She thought I wouldn't go into labor. I never made it to that appt, I had my son at 1138. My contractions immediately started though and I went to the birth center only 2 1/2 hours after it broke cause I was in pain. I didn't realize it was back labor making it that bad, I thought he was coming then lol.

I would stay at home at least 12 hours if you're managing fine. If you're delivering at a hospital they'll want to give you pitocin immediately so it's best to stay home. If my contractions weren't starting I'd probably stay longer and try to naturally get things going and just monitor your temp and fetal hb.
Reply With Quote