View Single Post
April 29th, 2013, 02:17 PM
burnbot's Avatar
burnbot burnbot is offline
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,398
Ohhh an introduction about me....Well, I am 25 years young and getting younger by the day. I have been happily married for almost 4 years to the love of my life. I grew up in a kind of crazy non-traditional household with my mom, brother, grandmother, and great grand parents. As a young child I did many activities. Dance, swimming, roller hockey, cheerleading...basically anything I wanted to do, and I was pretty good at anything I tried. But in the end I never really dedicated my time to anything and just sort of "went with the flow of life." In high school I was in ROTC and I had to make the choice between band and cheer leading so I chose band. I played clarinet for the first year in high school then decided to move to the drum line. (way more fun and cute boys!!)
I met DH when I was in 10th grade. He was the drum captain the year before I went to the drum line and ALL the girls loved him. Of course, I thought he was some sort of "playboy" so I didn't want anything to do with him. Who knew we would end up married. One friday night after the football game a few friends and I were going out to "party" and we ended up and DH's house (Rusty). He was so drunk and it was really funny when he was hitting on me but I ended up giving him my #. It was a few days before he called but he did...and we went out. It was easy to fall for him. He was/ is so sweet! (all the girls were jealous and it cause big time DRAMA with the girls in school resulting in many fights and school suspensions...oops)
It was five years of crazy ups and downs before he proposed. My mom was more excited about it than I was. LOL She was planning the wedding before I even knew he was proposing so obviously the engagement was quite short. It was a really well thought out proposal. He took me on vacation in the mountains of Tenn. We were with his whole family (his mom, dad, sister, her husband, and at the time only her one kid) staying at his Aunt Donna's wood cabin. He took me out riding on the four wheeler and we walked down the mountain to a special "spot" we liked to visit by the lake. Then he got down on one knee and pulled out the ring! I was shocked!! When I called my mom to tell her she said "FINALLY I have been planning and waiting for months!!" LOL Then 4 months later we had the most amazing wedding.
During all this planning time I had been working as the toddler teacher at a pre-school and going to school for child development. I later became the Director of the center and I made pretty good money, but I worked ALL the time. I'm talking like 100 hours a week. You see it was a daycare center called Kids By The Hour. Yes, you read that right. You could drop in at all hours of the day (and night) and pay hourly to have us watch your kids. Pretty awesome place for moms but the job was really demanding. I was in charge or scheduling and whenever someone didn't come to work I was always the one who had to fill in. Plus, with a drop-in kind of place it was hard to know how many kids you were going to have so we always had a day off but we were considered "on call" if there were too many kids for ratio.....AND once again I ALWAYS got called in. So I decided to quit that job and take a teaching position at another daycare called Bright Scholars. Best 4 years of my life!! I loved my job there, the kids, my boss, even my co-workers.
Then in Sep of 2010 my life forever changed when my mom got diagnosed with small-cell lung cancer. It was a HUGE shock because she hadn't shown any signs of being sick before this. And she never walked, she RAN! She did the work of 10 people at her job and still managed to be there for my brother and I. She got a cold and went to a walk-in clinic type place. They took X-rays and sent her to the hospital, they tested and that was that. She started treatments right away and it was the worst 10 months of my life. Just watching her, so sick and weak, deteriorate in front of was awful. When she finally passed on Oct. 22, 2011 I couldn't go back to work. I was so sad. I laid in her bed in her room and cried for days. DH had no idea what to do. But eventually I came around and realized that life had to go on. So DH and I used my mom's retirement savings to take a "2nd honeymoon" to Sandals in Jamaica over new years. It was so much fun! Just what I needed! I never have gone back to work.....
Dh was in college for music and got his AA but wasn't really happy with it so he has been going pre-med for the past 2 years. He really wants to do surgery and may try to specialize in an area like the brain or heart. He does great in school and amazes me everyday with the person he has become. We have both been working on "ourselves" a lot lately and it has made our lives very happy. I'm nervous about the next 4 years when he is is med school. I know he will be busy and we may have to move. It's a long road ahead of us....

Reply With Quote