View Single Post
May 5th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbirds View Post
Oh, I'm so sorry this is the case. I have to be honest that it's important you are honest with him. If you can't consider adoption, then it's not something you would tell him you are willing to consider. He may need all of the time to wrap his head around the fact that he is going to be a father, whether or not he chooses to step up to that magnificent role.

You are in a very tough situation, but you know how much you love this baby already and what choices you've already considered and tossed. You know you better than anyone.

Do what is right for you. It may hurt for him to turn away, but you still have support. You still have a tummy full of love. You still have your strength, wits and heart. Be frank. Plan for the worst, but hope for the best.
Yeah, I suppose. Well, he already is a dad, twice. Three times if you count the one I let him convince me to get rid of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kara74 View Post
I don't think lying about putting the baby up for adoption when you know you plan on keeping it is a good idea. Be straight with him. Tell him you're pregnant and plan on keeping the baby. If he leaves, his loss. Telling him you will give up the baby and then ending up keeping it will only cause more problems. You want to know now what he's going to do. Why prolong things? You're an adult woman who is perfectly capable of doing this on your own. If he doesn't want to be a father then let him go. It will be better for you and the baby.
First. Me thinking of telling him I'd think about adoption is not the same thing as telling him I'd do it.

Second, as my first post says, I have told him I am. Why else would he bring up adoption?

Nowhere did I post that I would tell him I wouldn't keep it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieMc View Post
I think that you need to cut the games and be honest. If he can't deal then he can't deal and he'll leave. But don't stir up more drama with lies. It'll never work out the way you want it to.
I'm not playing any games. I told him when he brought it up, that I don't know if I could do adoption.

I'm not commenting on anymore negative seeming replies.

Last edited by JaeSung; May 5th, 2013 at 10:25 AM.