View Single Post
July 2nd, 2013, 07:59 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar
AtomicMama AtomicMama is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Location: MI
Posts: 14,754
Originally Posted by seateal View Post
You are assuming that both of you will get pregnant at the same time. What happens if they have trouble getting pregnant? Are you going to wait six months to a year? I would go for it when you originally planned.
Of course that would change things a lot. My SIL and I are very close, so I expect that, especially if I ask, she'll be happy to talk to me about when they start TTC and her journey and such. I'm sure there will be things I won't know, but at the same time, if they've been trying for 6 months and it isn't going well, that would be a bridge I would have to burn when we get there, I guess. On one hand, no, I wouldn't want to hold up my life, but on the other hand, it would crush me to hurt their feelings if they were struggling to TTC and we got pregnant easily. And then there is the issue that TTC and keeping a baby will be very difficult with my history. So lots of things to think about I guess I'm just thinking that waiting a few months to see if it all goes easy for them wouldn't really hurt anything on my family's end, if that makes any sense? I'm rambly!

Originally Posted by ashj_1218 View Post
I think, in this case, it depends on how "dedicated" you are to a spring/summer TTC time. If it wouldn't bother you to wait a bit, why not? But if there are personal reasons why this timing works best for you and DH...I would proceed.

It's really great of you thinking about them like that and want the focus to be on them. And it's not selfish to want your folks to be able to come out for your addition, that's just normal. Either way, I don't think there is a wrong choice. If your husband is really against waiting, I would still go for it. But I do think there are some benefits to waiting as well. (Hey...wait til October and we could join a DDC together )
We are absolutely not dedicated to any TTC time at all. Honestly, at first, DH wanted to wait until Spring 2015, but the more we've talked, the more we think it kind of makes sense to have our next kiddos (we want 2 more total) while the ones we have are still young. I don't think he'd mind waiting a little longer at all. He just feels like I'm putting my wants/plans on hold for someone else, and he doesn't want me to feel like I need to do that.

And October sounds like a good month It would be fun to be in a DDC together!
Amy: Wife to my Handsome Husband Mommy to my superhero, Max (3) and Luckiest Bonus Mama to Sammy (5)

Reply With Quote