View Single Post
July 16th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for the kind words, girls. It's been a tough couple of weeks. Life sucks sometimes.

But there are many good things too, and we got to see a few of them this weekend. All the family was around this weekend. It was wonderful hearing so many good memories and funny stories about him. The funeral director was emotional too. He noted that this had obviously been a man who was very loved. And my parents and grandparents (my uncle's sister and parents) kept their distance from everyone, even though they were at the funeral. There is a lot of drama there, but it was good that they were respectful of everyone else's grieving. And Leah and James (and another little baby, Clara) brought smiles throughout the day and weekend.

I'm going out with a friend tonight. I haven't actually spoken to anyone since my uncle told us he was sick, so it will be nice to be out and do something normal.

I hope everyone here is doing well. It looks like it has been really quiet here the last couple of weeks. I hope you're enjoying the dog days of summer.