View Single Post
August 2nd, 2013, 08:56 PM
UncetainMommy UncetainMommy is offline
Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 542
Well when we had our induction we had to go in at 4:30 in the morning to get started. I gathered that the nurses expected it to take at least 12 hours. They started me on the drugs, I can't remember which. The contractions weren't all that painful, and I got to watch my baby and the other laboring mothers babies on a monitor. (8 babies were born that day, ours was the only girl. ) There were never more than four of us at a time. Every half hour or so they would come in and up the dosage. So the contractions kept getting stronger and closer together but not painful. Sometime between 7 and 8 I can't remember when, I'd have to ask my boyfriend but he's in bed because job. Well anyways, sometime around then the doctor came in to see how I was dilating and effacing. He decided it was good and so broke my water. Contractions got painful, and closer together. Felt more like working contractions. I didn't think I needed anymore medicine to make them come, but almost immediately a nurse came in and upped my dose again. Good lord did they get even worse. That's when I started cussing and asking for the pain meds. Nurse gave me some tylenol, said she'd contact the doctor about an epi. A few minutes later she came in and said I was getting too much of what ever they were giving me to make the contractions happen, lowered that back to what it was before my waters got broken. What seems like an eternity and just moments later I was making weird faces, and my boyfriend was contacting the nurses to say that I was having a near impossible time not pushing. Nurse came in, checked my cervix, and told me to go ahead and push but to try not to push too hard before the doctor got there. They called the doctor and he got there juuust in time to watch the nurse catch my baby. She was born at 8:38 round about four hours after I got there.

If I have to do that again, I would ask them to wait and see how I contract after having my water broke to see if I even need more medicine. But I got the impression that things going that fast is not the norm.
Reply With Quote