Topic: OT
View Single Post
August 15th, 2013, 10:50 PM
BensMom's Avatar
BensMom BensMom is offline
Ephesians 4:29
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Lonestar State
Posts: 50,214
Did you mean ST? OT is occupational therapy. It's for fine motor skills. PT is physical therapy for gross motor skills. ST is speech therapy. Speech therapists work with a number of issues from feeding, to sound formation, to social skills (like for autistic kids).

My older son has been in both PT and OT most of his life. We "see" ST at our office even though he doesn't use those services. I know the ladies, and I see the kids they work with. The kids have a lot of fun when they're there, and they really open up if they're shy, too.

Do you already know the root of the speech problems? If not, I'd call a pediatric therapy office and ask about getting an evaluation. Most insurance companies will cover the eval whether or not they cover the actual services afterward.
Reply With Quote