View Single Post
August 20th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hooray for a doctor appointment!! Yippee!
As for what to expect, I think they'll probably weigh you, check your blood pressure, and do a health history. They might do a bunch of bloodwork, depending on when the doctor wants to do it. You might want to eat a hearty breakfast if you can stomach it, either that or bring some crackers or a snack along and something to drink, so that you don't get woozy when they draw your blood. Keeping your blood sugar up can help keep you conscious.
When they drew my blood, it seemed like it was something like 6 or so vials of blood, so it's kind of a lot. That's why I suggest eating well and staying hydrated.
I would think they should have a doppler, but if they don't, you could always ask your doc to order an ultrasound so you can check on baby. How far along are you again? Seems like in my experience they like to do an early ultrasound around 6 or 7 weeks to check viability and dating and all that jazz. I would definitely ask for one if your doc doesn't recommend it.

If you have any burning questions for your GP, I'd write them down. Sometimes in the flurry and excitement it's easy to forget what you wanted to ask, and then you're frustrated later because it can be so hard to get ahold of a doctor after the fact.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12