View Single Post
September 1st, 2013, 07:50 AM
Proud mama of 2 girls
I nursed Avery to sleep until she was about 1. At that point, I would nurse her on the couch right before bedtime and then her daddy would take her in the bedroom, read stories, and rock her to sleep in the rocking chair.

On days when he wasn't around, I would nurse on the couch and then do the same. we are at the point now where we read stories in bed and then lay together/cuddle until she goes to sleep.

In terms of at night, we night weaned at 16 months. Avery was sleeping in her own room on a queen sized mattress, and we would cosleep from the point she woke up (usually right when I went to bed or shortly after) until morning. At first when we night weaned we sent daddy in for a few days instead of me. It went pretty well and her sleep improved dramatically right away. Once it was me again she did expect to nurse and did get upset but it didn't last long.

We had prepared her for that using "nursies when the sunshine" books and just reminding her constantly that "num nums are for day time".

Also reminding her before bed "when you wake up tonight, daddy is going to come to you. We don't nurse at night time anymore".

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)