View Single Post
October 7th, 2013, 08:52 AM
~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~'s Avatar
~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~ ~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~ is offline
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,567
Send a message via MSN to ~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~
So, I opted for an elective induction, don't judge, due to several reasons. I was dilated to a three the week before and experienced some bleeding, went to L&D and the monitored me and sent me home. I live an hour away from the hospital so this was no bueno for me.

On August 12 we made our way to Springfield at 5 am. Arrived in L&D where they proceeded to tell me they had been trying to call me. . . There were no beds available at the time, I was to wait until 10:30 or so. My induction was scheduled for 7 a.m. So, going into this I knew there was a chance at being told I would have to come back, so we went to Wal-Mart and wandered around for a bit.

Nurse calls me shortly after 8 a.m. to tell me my Dr. wanted me to go home and come back Wednesday the 14th. . . What happened to 10:30, and where did we skip a day??? I said nope, I will talk to my Dr. when the office opens. So after 8:30 I called the office and his nurse had him call me directly. We decided that we would wait until possibly noon, and if I wasn't in a bed by then I would go home.

They called at 10:45 and told me to be there by noon, that there would be three beds open. Lots of tears and POURING rain later we are in the hospital waiting for them to call me to my room. My brother showed up, as we had our 8 year old with us. Thankfully, my brother was off work and went in and out of the room with Phoenix when they would come in and check me. It was about 12:05 when they started my I.V. and got me admitted.

At 1:15 p.m. the nurse started my pitocin and my dr. came in and broke my water. . . I was dilated to a 4 at this point, ALL by myself!!! (With DS my body didn't dilate at all!) By 2:30 p.m. I was dilated to a 6 and by 3:00 p.m. I was just about ready to push. They didn't need to use a lot of pitocin, due to my labor starting on it's own with just my water being broken.

I remember asking my husband to get the nurse in the room immediately, b/c I could feel the pressure in my bottom. She came in and I told her either I had to poop horribly or this baby was coming! She checked me and sure enough I was ready. They called my dr to come and in the 10 minutes it took him to get from the office to my room, I thought I was going to have a baby without him there! DH Had went out with Phoenix and my brother while the nurse was checking me, and told my brother I would probably ask for an epidural. I realized while watching them get everything set up that I probably needed my hubby back in the room. So in between contractions, I asked them to let him back in! LOL Would have been bad had she been born without her daddy in the room!

Three good pushes, and no one telling me what to do, Rosslyn Sophia made her arrival at 3:32 p.m. August 12, 2013! She weighed 8 lbs 11 oz and was 23 inches long, with a 14 inch head!

Momma did this with NO epidural, no other I.V. drugs, and all in 2 and a half hours! They laid her on my chest and she latched on immediately.

Big Brother Phoenix was thrilled, as his only request was to be the first person after us to hold her. We made good on that promise, and he couldn't be more in love with her!

Last edited by ~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~; October 7th, 2013 at 08:56 AM.
Reply With Quote