View Single Post
November 1st, 2013, 03:06 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar
jennyrae03 jennyrae03 is offline
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Iowa
Posts: 3,241
Oh my goodness, I can't even express how excited I am to announce that my little Wolverine is here!

I was due on October 28th and of course I had been whining and complaining for a week before that, thinking he would never come out and would be overdue! I even remember saying how he was acting stubborn, just like his father. I am proud to say that he is, in fact, punctual just like mommy

So...Sunday the 27th, I went to bed feeling about the same as usual: mostly good, but a little crampy. I woke up at 12:30am on the 28th and had to go pee, which gave me a contraction, as it had for the past few weeks. Went back to sleep with no problems. I woke up again around 3:30am and had to pee again. Like before, it gave me a contraction upon emptying my bladder. As soon as I got into bed, I felt a small gush of fluid - odd, of course, but this had happened to me a few days prior to that and it ended up just being really watery discharge so I didn't question it. I got out of bed to put on some new undies and whatnot. Well, when I stood up I started having another contraction - this had maybe been 5 minutes since the last one.

I went downstairs and just kind of walked around the dining room/kitchen, seeing if the contractions were going to continue or stop. I got another one, and just felt DIFFERENT. I had this feeling that maybe this was going to be it, so I decided to take a shower. sure enough, my contractions started coming harder and faster. Over the course of my 15 minute shower, they picked up to about 2-3 minutes apart and were getting really painful. By the time I was done with my shower, the contractions were literally crippling me. I got out of the shower and had to get down on my hands and knees on the floor because it hurt so bad. Turns out I was having really painful back labor!

I tried as best as I could to get myself pulled together, put on some mascara (waterproof of course, because I knew there would be tears), called the hospital to tell them I was in labor and on my way, grabbed the few items I needed to pack in my hospital bag yet, and then in between contractions I hobbled up the stairs to wake up DH. I stood next to his side of the bed, woke him up and said "Honey, I think I'm hatching." - he promptly shot out of bed like a rocket and started getting ready. At this point I was down on my hands and knees again with my face in the floor, trying to get some relief. Nothing was working. I tried my Lamaze breathing and it just didn't help!

We got to the hospital at about 5:30am. By then I was literally screaming with every contraction because they were so painful. The charge nurse was a super beotch about it and said to me "Crying and screaming isn't going to fix anything. Try and pull it together." I was so pissed. They checked me right away and said I was only about 2cm dilated. They decided though to go ahead and get me the epidural. It took about 30 minutes for the anesthesiologist to get there, but when he finally came in and hooked me up, I was in heaven! It immediately took away all of my pain. I went from screaming and bawling to completely happy and laughing in a matter of about 4 minutes.

When I was about 4cm they had the doctor come in to break my water. He sat down, swiped in there to find the sac and discovered that my water had indeed already broken at home. I had no idea. Oops! lol

Another nurse had come in around 7am and was super amazing. She wasn't even supposed to be on duty that night/day - they had to call her to help because there were so many women giving birth that day. She was with me for most of the morning, and then at about 10:15 she went home. I had progressed to about 8cm by then, and was just waiting.

The next nurse who came in thought maybe Logan had turned posterior since I was having back labor, so she had me laying on my side for a bit. I started having this weird pain in my back that I could feel despite the epidural. I told her about it and she basically ignored it. Well like 15 minutes later, the awesome nurse came back - they had called her back in because ANOTHER girl came in to give birth! So I told her about the pain. She said "Why don't I go ahead and check you again." I laid on my back again so she could check me and had the same weird pain but in my side. She checked me and said "Well, you're ready to push!! THAT is why you're having that pain!"

I started pushing at 11:15am. I literally could not feel a thing. They kept telling me to push harder, and I really wasn't even sure I was pushing at all because I couldn't feel it! I couldn't feel him crowning or anything. I just could feel a bit of pressure. Our families thought we were lunatics because they were hearing so much laughter coming from my delivery room - they literally had me cracking up in between pushes!

I must have been doing a really good job though, because little Logan was born at 11:54am! It was the most incredible, beautiful experience of my entire life. I immediately started crying when I saw him, and was just in awe of him. DH was crying too - I kept looking back and forth between him and Logan. I was utterly speechless.

So long story short, my little Wolverine made his entry into the world at 11:54am after just 6 and a half hours of labor. He weighed 6lbs, 14.5 oz, and was 20 inches long. He is absolutely precious, and I have never been more in love in my life.

Right after he was born:

Mommy and Logan after being moved to our room:

And a sneaky picture Mommy took of Daddy and Logan napping

Last edited by jennyrae03; November 1st, 2013 at 03:15 PM.
Reply With Quote