Topic: VBAC hopeful
View Single Post
November 6th, 2013, 01:33 PM
SkyBaby SkyBaby is offline
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,398
Well.. DH and I talked about it more and I explained the statistics to him regarding specifically the risks of letting pregnancy continue beyond 42 weeks. I told him 39 weeks is only done to avoid labor but i want to labor. I told my OB first thing when he mentioned scheduling the csection that 39 weeks is way jumping the gun here and that I won't even have a chance. I explained to DH the leading reason for failure of a vbac is because OBs put impossibly high criteria for the mom to meet. Basically everything needs to go perfect, like silly Hollywood birth scene perfect.

After all of that, DH says he trusts me and that if waiting to 40 weeks for the csection is what I'd prefer than he's ok with it. He is not at all ok with letting me not schedule the csection because of course the OB scared him with all that unplanned csection= increased risk of injury stuff. I still need to get him to understand that not scheduling the csection will give me the best chance of going natural.

At least him being ok with waiting to 40 weeks is a step in the right direction.
Mom to a 2 year old baby girl, 2 week old baby boy, and one in Heaven.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

Reply With Quote